• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers and lack of social media

Tom.B said:
Seems like an easy job.

Sit on Facebook and Twitter all day, and when they get a question, either google it, ask colleagues or they may just know it lol!
It seems easy enough but when you consider that their Facebook page has over 1.4M likes - simply answering questions becomes a mammoth task, let alone policing people's content and thinking up ways to promote the park via social media.

No wonder they needed a team for it!

I may have moaned last season, but im glad Alton Towers have finally moved into the 21st century! Its nice to see Alton replying on Twitter and Facebook! :)

Tis rather good, they seem to be responding pretty much everywhere online now, Tripadvisor seems to get responses too on the main theme park.

They had some adverts online for thorpe and chessie social media as well so soon we'll hopefully see merlin fully online!

Sounds an easy job in theory, however the self control you must need to not show up the people with the idiotic comments would be incredible. I know I'd let slip at least once over a season!!

Balb0wa said:
when i went last week, we were leaving on the monorail and the opp told people to tweet #monorail

I hope this doesn't signal the start of a transformation to Thorpe Park's style of social media. Screeching "Hashtag Party Fish, Hashtag Flying Fish, Hashtag Party Fish" after every lap, every ride and even before you've even sat down!

thefatone said:
Tis rather good, they seem to be responding pretty much everywhere online now, Tripadvisor seems to get responses too on the main theme park.

They had some adverts online for thorpe and chessie social media as well so soon we'll hopefully see merlin fully online!

And they even reply to TowersStreet quite often now ;)

NickT04 said:
Sounds an easy job in theory, however the self control you must need to not show up the people with the idiotic comments would be incredible. I know I'd let slip at least once over a season!!

And you have to make sure you don't post on the wrong account on FB/Twitter :p

I tweeted Towers after hours and got a reply at 9:01 AM the next day, they have stuck to their word :)