• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Burger Kitchen

I really don't think that gourmet style waited service type restaurants would work at Towers. People who visit generally don't want to stop and spend much time eating. Despite this, Woodcutters and Explorers are both busy, but the food they sell is quick and pub/pizza...

I think quirky 'gourmet' type ideas such as the ostrich burger would be fun an interesting to add to other menus as a premium option but I don't think a single gourmet outlet would work at a theme park - hence why the hotels do it with the Secret Garden instead.

I don't think all the outlets should be decided to open at 10 again. Woodcutters has and should always has the finest food since it's close to the Gardens. Ostrich burgers would be too costly I'd imagine and be ridiculous with theme park prices, and I'm thinking that a Sub outlet could be added to the righthand side of the diner where nobody usually sits. Just call it the Burger Feat Sub Kitchen or something along those lines without sounding like some obese rappers.

Towers Street Restaurant defo needs something done to it... The issue is more how could a fine dining experience work for a lunchtime theme park visit?

Maybe a buffet style lunch thing for there?

I'd also like to push a Roast n Relish to appear... It's fab...

The problem is they need to have nice, high quality food but make it quick not only for the guests who will want to be getting back to their rides, but also because they need to be able to make some sort of profit out of it. If they're paying more for ingredients then they need to get more guests through as quickly as possible. Too high prices will put people off, and they won't get anything from there. So I think that's the line Alton need to go down. Good Quality, Decent Prices, Quick to eat, High Capacity Space.

Would it be feasible to allow external food sellers into the park to sell on specific days in specified locations? I'm not talking about your average burger van either - something desirable. Alton Towers could take a small percentage of the profits. It would eradicate the need for staff to be employed by the park or for the park to source produce?

AirFAN said:
Would it be feasible to allow external food sellers into the park to sell on specific days in specified locations? I'm not talking about your average burger van either - something desirable. Alton Towers could take a small percentage of the profits. It would eradicate the need for staff to be employed by the park or for the park to source produce?
Doing so would defeat the object of slowly removing the external brands and replacing them with the Merlin ones. Merlin would rather be able to control food sourcing, menus and staffing - this has been shown recently with the food on park.

mrbrightside said:
AirFAN said:
Doing so would defeat the object of slowly removing the external brands and replacing them with the Merlin ones. Merlin would rather be able to control food sourcing, menus and staffing - this has been shown recently with the food on park.

Perhaps something similar to what happens at fireworks with the vans installed around the green off towers street? Could work but I doubt someone would wait till either the night before or even on the day to get a call to ask them to come in we are busy