• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Burger Kitchen

Aly

TS Member
After a recent trip to Blackpool Tower, and eating at The Blackpool Tower Burger Kitchen (more information can be found here: http://www.theblackpooltower.com/plan-y ... tchen.aspx ) it made me wish that we would see one at Alton Towers Resort sooner, rather than later. For me there was much more value for money than a Burger King meal, and it actually tasted good. You also didn't end up ready to eat another one 20 minutes later!

I note that on the page about Blackpool's it states:

Using high quality, locally sourced produce, supporting the local economy and getting from farm to you in the quickest time possible.

However what are your thoughts? Although it's highly rumoured Burger King in CCL will be replaced with one of these next year, would you welcome the change?

Anything better than Burger King's dry & tasteless burgers is welcome at Towers, in my book.

Burger King remains the weak link in Alton Towers' catering.

Although, I hope the Burger Kitchen uses bread that isn't stale. Courtyard Tavern, Woodcutters and equivalent outlets down south are terrible for stale bread!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

AstroDan said:
Burger King remains the weak link in Alton Towers' catering.

Although, I hope the Burger Kitchen uses bread that isn't stale. Courtyard Tavern, Woodcutters and equivalent outlets down south are terrible for stale bread!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

The bread / baps that we're being used at the one in Blackpool we're really nice and fresh! Infact it was actually quite nice!

Rick said:
Slightly annoying there is no veggie option (from what I recall?)

There is a veggie options on the menu, it's a Falafel Burger!

Not much choice is there? :-\

4 Burgers and a couple meals for kids. Burger King for me over this, although McDonalds would be much better, such a shame they replaced them with BK in the first place.

Burger King burgers are decent though seriously overpriced - £4.50 for a bean burger!

I would certainly welcome a new Merlin outlet, as it seems not too much more than BK's prices for a burger for a meal, then there's the MAP discount.
Also I really like falafel so that would be great, compared to a bean burger!

Explorer's is of the same if not better quality as Pizza Hut, being vegetarian I can't comment on Chicken Co, but the Merlin outlets seem the same quality for cheaper.
It would be interesting to see if it would be themed, which would be fantastic though I doubt it.

Do Merlin have an equivalent on Subway? I think that could be quite successful, mots people I know don't want to have a sit down meal at a theme park due to mixing it with rides and it wasting time.

Adz95 said:
Not much choice is there? :-\

4 Burgers and a couple meals for kids. Burger King for me over this, although McDonalds would be much better, such a shame they replaced them with BK in the first place.

Yeah that's one think I have noticed about all the Merlin branded options - there isn't much choice on the menu's. I assume it's to do with the associated costs of having a larger offering available.

Vicky said:
Do Merlin have an equivalent on Subway? I think that could be quite successful, mots people I know don't want to have a sit down meal at a theme park due to mixing it with rides and it wasting time.

I believe LEGOLAND have a Sub-station store that is very similar?

In short, yes please! I would much rather have in house catering than brands such as Burger King. So I would welcome something like this with open arms. However if Towers were to get one I would like to see a more substantial offering. That menu is very limited and it wouldn't be too hard to expand it somewhat.

However the one must for next year is a Roast and Relish, the sooner they get one of these the better. The one at Thorpe is the best theme park food I have had in this country!

:)

Id love to see something like this at Towers! i could see it working as a sit down eat in place in Cloud Cuckoo Land or as a take away in Mutiny Bay. Burger king is completely the weak link in the food chain at Alton Towers if you ask me.

yes the GP like to have something they recognize on park i suppose, but Merlin talk about offering healthy eating, but then burger king is sat there practically forcing fat in the guests mouths!

and im with Rob on this one. Roast and Relish in the Valley please?!

If they do choose to install one of these at Towers, writing the accompanying news article won't be very difficult. ;)

I would welcome it although it would leave one Burger King still intact in Mutiny Bay/Katanga.

DaveW said:
yes the GP like to have something they recognize on park i suppose, but Merlin talk about offering healthy eating, but then burger king is sat there practically forcing fat in the guests mouths!

Merlin's food offerings aren't healthy eating at all! Not particularly any more-so than than high street fast food outlets anyway.

Pizza & Pasta buffet and Original Chicken Co. are just as unhealthy and fatty as the brand names they replaced!

The Psychoaster said:
I would welcome it although it would leave one Burger King still intact in Mutiny Bay/Katanga.
If Burger King leaves the park it will be fully. I very much doubt that any unit would be left at all. If something like Burger Kitchen didn't replace them all then the remaining unit(s) could be filled by other Merlin brands such as 'Original Sandwich Co' or 'Roast & Relish'

The quality of food offerings at Merlin parks increased ten fold between 2007-10 but in the last few years cost-cutting has resulted in reduced choice. This is a shame really.

:)

mrbrightside said:
The Psychoaster said:
If Burger King leaves the park it will be fully. I very much doubt that any unit would be left at all. If something like Burger Kitchen didn't replace them all then the remaining unit(s) could be filled by other Merlin brands such as 'Original Sandwich Co' or 'Roast & Relish'

I think that is how it should work, I don't think they should replace Burger King with just one brand. I think we should see one Burger Kitchen in Forbidden Valley, Roast and Relish in Mutiny Bay, then something new in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Anything is better than Burger King, in my opinion. Who the hell enjoys eating their dry, plastic-like, gristly burgers? The only thing I like about BK is the onion rings and chips, but even they could be ruined if the staff decided to use Lo Salt which removes the skin form your mouth within seconds.

If Alton Towers / Merlin can create their own burger restaurant that serves burgers that actually taste good and aren't packed full of gristle then sign me up!