• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Lost Media

Really I think it would be a mess if this was given to most other channels even if well meaning, the YT format fuels clickbait and pumping out rushed videos to earn back just a couple quid when quality archive videos run up huge bills to make.
I whole heartedly agree. It would take a passionate videographer, who essentially would be making free marketing material for a large entertainment, to make the series really work. It would have to be a passion project, much like your own. Unfortunately there wouldn't be much financial reward, or incentive.

Great content takes years of planning, which doesn't translate into time well spent for most online creators. There's a story there to be told, that's for sure, but I'm not sure what the payoff is just yet. No happy ending, or any real ending of note yet. Perhaps the story isn't with Alton Towers alone, perhaps it's with the British theme park industry as a whole. Something worth thinking about, I suppose.

From a content marketing perspective, it doesn't make a lot of sense to avoid investing in a proper YouTube channel, aside from the hundreds of other YouTubers doing a decent job of covering the park, and its history, for free.

It's a, finding the right person and B, giving them a wage that would keep hold of them long enough to make it worth while. Would someone with decent content creation skills be loosing money working for a big business.

I know firms like what culture get arsey with their providers for trying to do stuff independently. Demand a cut from revenue made from live streams done outside of work.

Seems a real shame the historical themes aren’t made available for digital purchase. Seems a real missed opportunity.

Seems odd Graham Smart and his family/INAScore have been able to do so but not Merlin…

Odd leaving money on the table

Speaking of lost Media for a second.

Hex. I remember John Wardley was on, I want to say on blue Peter/new around, Talking about this ride and it's construction when it opened. Maybe even prior. Love to see if that's excists, if memory serves me right, alot of images of the design process was on that bit of Tele.

Oblivion. I've been trying to find for years the hologram figure stuck to the front of Kellogg's cereals. But to no avail. Surely someone has kept that somewhere.

Speaking of lost Media for a second.

Hex. I remember John Wardley was on, I want to say on blue Peter/new around, Talking about this ride and it's construction when it opened. Maybe even prior. Love to see if that's excists, if memory serves me right, alot of images of the design process was on that bit of Tele.

Oblivion. I've been trying to find for years the hologram figure stuck to the front of Kellogg's cereals. But to no avail. Surely someone has kept that somewhere.

I have a very specific memory of watching a segment on CBBC Newsround showing the making of the ride, and they took a cast of the hosts hand to be used as a prop within the ride. I have no idea why I have always remembered this :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a very specific memory of watching a segment on CBBC Newsround showing the making of the ride, and they took a cast of the hosts hand to be used as a prop within the ride. I have no idea why I have always remembered this :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember seeing the concept art and on that segment and being narked off when I first went on it because it looked nothing like.

I think that was Blue Peter. Konnie Huq if I remember rightly

Kind of like a vault, sealed for 6 years!

And are the concept plans for the inverted Log Flume in there? I'd sell one of my children to be able to have unrestricted access to that room
Some of the TS team & members had supervised access to the archives in 2011/12 (it was so long ago I have forgotten exactly when!).

We managed to find the original SW plans, and I was absolutely fascinated by some pristine condition Battersea Project concept artwork that was there.

An incredible experience!

@Squiggs might want to share a few tidbits from the day, though I realise it’s off-topic!

This will be an interesting topic to keep an eye on...
Heck, I wonder how much lost media AT actually have from their early years to present.