• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Merchandise

Leah

TS Member
Noticed when I visited yesterday that there was lots of new merchandise, ranging from bags to pin badges, and of course the new Galactica merch. Some of its quite nice, ended up buying a th13teen bag and pin badge, and a Galactica wristband and badge. They seemed to have quite alot of new merch this year, especially for th13teen (two different bags, jam jars (?), and badges amongst other things). Rita also had bags, and a few other new items.

Really, the only two disappointments in terms of merch this season seemed to be nemesis and oblivion (never thought I'd use the words disapointment, nemesis, and oblivion in the same sentence, but here I am). Nothing noticeably new (nemesis had new hoodies and t shirts, but they only replace the neme21s from last year). If anything, oblivion had less than last year. Galactica's new stuff was nice, more available than for air last year. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, I don't visit towers trading much.

Any opinions on merch this year? Can attach photos if people request.

What new pin badges did you see? I know about Th13teen's, Galactica's and Nemesis', are there anymore?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Think there's a standard ATR one, but I think it's identical to last year's.

And I wouldn't buy nemesis'. Nothing compared to the neme21s badge last year :)

The new Nemesis one looks really cheap and nasty. Hope they don't use that supplier again. Are you listening towers...are you?! :D

Not great quality, but alright. There are two th13teen ones (both say don't go alone, though in different styles) and a rita one. Useful for me though.

20zo2f6.jpg

I've noticed the quality of stuff has gone down hill last few years, I had to return my Galactica hoody after just 2 low washes as the logo was wearing off pretty quickly!

^ That is why I tend to stick to the mugs, they hold lots of drink and look pretty cool. Majority of everything else is overpriced tat.

Majority of everything else is overpriced tat
Yes, but it's overpriced theme park tat - the reason I have no money ;)

I agree though. You rarely find anything decent in the shops. I'll only normally buy stuff I'll find functional (I needed a bag like the one I bought the other day, and sometimes you can find nice hoodies. and like you said, mugs). The only exceptions I'll make is pin badges (if they look alright, not wasting £3 on the nemesis one this season) or if I find something particularly nice. If you think towers is bad for tat, you should see legolands resort merch.

Yes, but it's overpriced theme park tat - the reason I have no money ;)
I find something particularly nice. If you think towers is bad for tat, you should see legolands resort merch.
I live closer to legoland than towers, I visited once with my younger sisters and family. We all said "never again". I agree the legoland merch is pretty rubbish. Most of the clothing probably costs £2-3 to make (sweatshops?), yet it is sold for 10 times the price... :/

Legoland is an awful excuse for a theme park most of the time (especially during events). Seems the management had no concept of throughput. Shame I live with people who go on about it like it's the best park on earth, so we visit all the time :(

Was thinking about saving the money and buying the Galactica hoodie with the Galactica symbol on it. Is it worth the money though?

I only have a fireworks hoodie and that seems pretty good quality. Might get a scarefest one this year if they're any good

I bought a Galactica tornado cup and a VR headset for my phone on my last visit, as well as the obligatory body weight equivalent of Pic'n'mix :D

The tornado cup is used daily and I always come back to my desk in work to find it switched on or moved because someone has been playing with it. Perfect for mixing drinks and still looks good with just water in it.

The VR headset is now gathering dust :( after 3 or 4 days of messing with it. I was enjoying it until I loaded a 360 video of Baron and nearly vommed everywhere after the drop.

Which headset? I got the immerse one before they were at towers, but not spending £7 on a cardboard one.

It's the same plastic Immerse headset but they have cardboard ones at Towers as well. Like you say £7+ is too steep when you get plastic ones for ~£20.

I was having great fun with Jurassic VR and ARTE360 both wonderful apps that work well with the VR on my phone. I might convince my mate to pop his Galaxy 7 in there and see if 360 videos of rollercoasters are worth persevering with. (not optimistic though :( )

Last edited:
The new dark green & black '13' hoodie looks decent. Actually thought about buying one myself and I don't usually buy them. No crappy taglines on it or anything, just the large number. Would probably get people asking you why you're walking around with a large number 13 on your top, but hey ho :)

P.S - The Galactica one looks awful.

I saw the th13teen shop had some decent mugs in. One thing I noticed Thorpe and Chessington fall down on is wearable merchandise and themed mugs. I only found a decent Swarm mug and no wearable merch at thorpe, and there was no sign of any good wearable merch or mugs at Chessington, only the same Vampire mug as last year.

I have a grenade swarm mug and I love it. Only theme park mug I really use tbh