• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Resort: What Does The Future Hold?

The set up makes it complicated for an acquisition unless Merlin themselves are bought out.

I think personally they will keep it unless it become uneconomical to do so. Right now they are making minimum returns, I would suggest they are budgeting to break even. Any profit I would imagine is being diverted to investment in more midway attractions.

It will go one of two ways- more investment in midway and resort means more profit and cash equalling more disposable income for the group = long term investment and operating budgets

Or scenario two which is my favourite and likely route - leave the parks to rot invest in midway attractions divert profit to shareholders eventually sell the parks to any taker. And that taker will need massive pockets to turn it around.

The simple fact is no PLC business will keep a subsidiary that is not performing, for whatever reason.

I give it 3 years max in its current state