• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers searching for new operations director

Is this Ian Crabbe's job? I know he was 'Divisional Director', but it does basically seem to be the top job at park level.

It's not the top job as the job description states that the role reports directly to the Divisional Director.

A real shame that Kerrigan has left, he's done a great job over the years for Towers and tourism in Staffordshire. His role covered a vast range of responsibilities. Will be interesting to see what Towers do with the role of Development Director as that is something important going forward!

:)

Oh my :( I hadn't realised this was up for advert... Such a shame. I guess new chapters and all that, but Mr Kerrigan was a man that "squoze" a lot out of life at Towers.

I look forward to welcoming the next mind for the job. Hopefully they'll have a passion and love for the place instead of just a business head!

Yup that's what I loved about Mark, you always saw him, he also started from the bottom and was a local. I wish him all the best for the future and hope he continues to help the local tourist attractions. Whoever replaces him has got big rigger boots to fill, I hope they are as hands on with the park as Kerrigan was.

But they obviously don't have anyone in mind for it internally otherwise it wouldn't be up for anyone to apply but it's not a massive amount for the responsibility they will have within the resort.

Yup that's what I loved about Mark, you always saw him, he also started from the bottom and was a local. I wish him all the best for the future and hope he continues to help the local tourist attractions.

Never met him, but that's exactly what I was saying about what makes a great leader.

Seems he's going to be quite a loss to Towers!

It's not easy to replace that kind of hands on, experienced, and highly respected kind of figure.

I'll join in wishing him good luck in his future endeavours!

The best leaders are always the ones that work at the lowest tier role in times of struggle.

It will be interesting to see whether a Merlin employee gets the job or if someone external gets it. Hopefully someone with a passion for the industry gets the job.

I heard the job’s going to go to a results orientated individual who motivates their team using KPIs. They’ve got a real passion for spread sheets and amazing delegation skills. They’re always up for the next challenge and are excited about the opportunity to make Alton Towers a world class attraction whilst delivering fantastical value to the shareholders. In their previous job they managed to save their company £200,000 a year through their tight fiscal management, efficiency savings and cost cutting. They’re customer focussed and always go the extra mile to make sure the customer has a happy time in the most cost effective manner possible.

I heard the job’s going to go to a results orientated individual who motivates their team using KPIs. They’ve got a real passion for spread sheets and amazing delegation skills. They’re always up for the next challenge and are excited about the opportunity to make Alton Towers a world class attraction whilst delivering fantastical value to the shareholders. In their previous job they managed to save their company £200,000 a year through their tight fiscal management, efficiency savings and cost cutting. They’re customer focussed and always go the extra mile to make sure the customer has a happy time in the most cost effective manner possible.

They should employ you to write Conservative manifestos :tearsofjoy:

Love it :tearsofjoy:

Gutted that I run shops for a living. Would love to jump industries and do a similar job in a theme park. But alas, us food retailers are seen as the runts of the services sector.