• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers searching for new operations director

Off you go then matey. With all the jobs you've had over the years, surely you can do this?

Off you go then matey. With all the jobs you've had over the years, surely you can do this?

Bit of a leap even for me that dude hahaha!!

There's quite a few jobs there I'd be interested in, putting their money where my mouth is haha, but running the place?

Would I take it on if offered? Damn right.

Would I make improvements, yup, no question.

But could I strategically manage the whole park under Merlin's remit & the gargantuan projects? I doubt it.

The serious side is whenever I've made my way up in something, I've tended to begin on something basic, learned it, moved up, that way you understand the operations of everything & can deal with problems better as they arise.

Understanding what the person needs who changes the loo rolls, to the team that would set & manage budgets, only way I believe you can successfully run such a huge operation.

Is this Ian Crabbe's job? I know he was 'Divisional Director', but it does basically seem to be the top job at park level.

Could be a way of making him redundant to offload a big salary (Kerrigan was Operations AND Development director) and then get someone in on the cheap. Either that or the stress of last year broke him.

Could be a way of making him redundant to offload a big salary (Kerrigan was Operations AND Development director) and then get someone in on the cheap. Either that or the stress of last year broke him.

The note about H&S, being serious, on the particulars was striking...

But I don't want to get into conjecture about someone else in that position given what happened.

The thought of having a geek as operations director reminds me of Jim Rowland, the passionate man who used to be operations manager at Blackpool Pleasure Beach! :p

"GE'RIT OWPEN, FER GAWD'S SEK"

(See Pleasure Beach 6-part series to find out what I mean!)