• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Spa: General Discussion

I wonder how much this will affect Spa sales.

I still preferred the Spa extension and hotel development. CBeebies Lands Hotel seems too temporary and too rushed. Much like Enchanted Village, it seems like the development team have rushed this so they can boost revenue, with little thought or care for the long term.

If the spa doesn't even take advantage of the closure to at least refresh the changing rooms it will be very disappointing

It feels like the spa is very understated on the website - I had to hunt for it only to find out that (I think) it doesn't have any online booking facility.

It used to have a pretty dreadful online booking system, now there is none as best as I can tell.

I wonder if it's not a big win for them financially.

It's not something you ever see them pushing. I guess it has a pretty low capacity, and operating costs will have increased significantly over the past 6-12 months.

It's not something you ever see them pushing. I guess it has a pretty low capacity, and operating costs will have increased significantly over the past 6-12 months.
Indeed, but with any such facility the energy costs are largely unchanged if you have 10 or 100 people in there.

It feels like the spa is very understated on the website - I had to hunt for it only to find out that (I think) it doesn't have any online booking facility.

It used to have a pretty dreadful online booking system, now there is none as best as I can tell.
There is a form you can complete and then they email you back to confirm, and then they (sometimes) call to take payment over the phone. I say sometimes as the last few times they didn't call me; I just paid on the day.

The form is here.
I went in April and noticed this year the pool was very cold. Nobody was using it at all. It reminded me of the unheated outdoor pools you get when you're in Spain.

I know lots of swimming pools around here have turned down the temperature to save money, which kind of works when people are using it for fitness as you warm up when you do exercise. However it's not so good when people are just using it for a few casual lengths.

40 for 3 hours is ok, i expected it to be higher priced
Err, I think not! Center Parcs Sherwood spa session is £49 for 3hrs midweek (more at weekends) and this gets you about 25 different spa experiences (heat / cold / warm humid / steam / an outdoor pool / treetops sauna etc). They don't enforce the 3hrs either so you can stay longer if you want to.

You can get Annual Pass discount, although I believe it's only Mon-Fri. We paid £32 each for just the aqua relaxation rooms (no treatments).

The price of the relaxation rooms has increased quite a lot over the years - and the fact there is now no conservatory to relax in, it just isn't as good anymore.