• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Time Machine, what year are you going to?

2002!

- Black Hole
- The Corkscrew
- Toyland Tours
- Air, Nemesis, Oblivion
- The Haunted House

Seems like a terrific day out in my opinion! Great topic BTW! ;)

10.5 years later...
Oblivion, Nemesis with the blood rivers, Toyland Tours, The Haunted House, Black Hole, Ripsaw, Corkscrew.

Last edited:
Some time between the 1830s and 1850s would be amazing. See what the house and gardens were like when they were pretty new.
Yeah just walk in on the Lord having a cup of tea in the conservatory or whatever. I'm sure that would go down well. I admit it would be cool to see the house and gardens in a full state.

It might surprise you to know that they did allow visitors during that period, as long as an appointment was made beforehand. Usually only to the grounds/gardens, but sometimes into the house too. The Earl's family spent long periods away from the estate anyway, in other houses they owned or on holiday in Europe.

I'd probably go to 2022 to see what state the park is in with 10 years advancement. Would I be shocked? Or would I be surprised? I'd get to see SW7, the two new attractions of 2014 and possibly SW8 and any of the other future developments. I'm just intrigued to see how the park will be holding out not too far ahead in the future, but enough to see several new additions or even removals.
You've changed your mind then :)

You've changed your mind then :)

I've seen 2022 now, and it's somewhat terrifying how quickly time has passed since I wrote that original post. Back then I still had a shred of optimism in my youth and naivety. Nowadays I'd much rather see the grounds and buildings in their absolute glory as opposed to the miserable state they're kept in now.