• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Trip Planning Questions and Discussion

School trip alert!
Might be an idea to do the waterpark in the middle of one day, to avoid the schools coaches through the peak hours.

I've booked a stay in the summer holidays in July for me and my daughter, staying in the woodland lodges and coming up from London by train. I've booked the water park for our first day from 3pm, as hoping that is when our lodge is ready so we can dump our bags there. Noticed on the website that the waterpark is listed as only open until 6pm all through the summer holidays. Last year we stayed over in the hotel on a similar date and the waterpark was open until 9 or 10pm I think? Anyone know if that closing time is likely to change to a later time as we get closer? Seems odd to shut the waterpark at the same time as the theme park in the summer holidays.

I've booked a stay in the summer holidays in July for me and my daughter, staying in the woodland lodges and coming up from London by train. I've booked the water park for our first day from 3pm, as hoping that is when our lodge is ready so we can dump our bags there. Noticed on the website that the waterpark is listed as only open until 6pm all through the summer holidays. Last year we stayed over in the hotel on a similar date and the waterpark was open until 9 or 10pm I think? Anyone know if that closing time is likely to change to a later time as we get closer? Seems odd to shut the waterpark at the same time as the theme park in the summer holidays.

Up until a few weeks back the Waterpark was listed as closing at 8pm over the summer so it has been reduced sadly.

If they do stick to 6pm closes it will be the shortest summer hours for many years (even shorter than the post Smiler years).

I’d keep an eye on the website as they may well be holding off to see booking levels before adjusting them again.

Ok, guess that is why they have added free kids waterpark tickets onto summer bookings today to boost attendance (which I missed out on by a few days!)

I’m going Wednesday 12th. Would like to post a trip report but thought I’d ask here before:
Is anyone else there? I’m all on my lonesome this trip and whilst it may be excellent for my ride choice and order it does get a little boring. I dont do social media so can’t ask in those kinda groups. My trip is not dependent upon another person being there. I know I’m not known on this forum but promise I don’t bite!

I’m thinking of staying in a Gangsta Granny room at Alton Towers Hotel. I know there double bed for adults and bunk beds for children. Would I be able to sleep in the bottom bunk of bed even though I am adult and 4 foot 9 inches in height?

Also, is there any place for my mum to sit at Splash landings hotel waterpark without going into the lagoon? Whilst I would swim, she doesn't like going into the pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m thinking of staying in a Gangsta Granny room at Alton Towers Hotel. I know there double bed for adults and bunk beds for children. Would I be able to sleep in the bottom bunk of bed even though I am adult and 4 foot 9 inches in height?

Also, is there any place for my mum to sit at Splash landings hotel waterpark without going into the lagoon? Whilst I would swim, she doesn't like going into the pool.
I would think you’ll be fine in the bunk beds, especially if you aren’t too tall. I’ve slept in the bunks in splash and Ath before and I’ve been fine and over over 6ft. I assume they are the same beds even in the themed rooms.