• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers visitor figures through the years

A question. I know that on a yearly basis we have a discussion about the TEA figures being estimated.

But I'm just curious if we know 'for a fact' thst Merlin don't provide figures to TEA?

*I put the quotes in because obviously there are very few things about Merlin's operations that are a verifiable fact, but I'm just wondering if anyone knew the sourse of why we believe this.

A question. I know that on a yearly basis we have a discussion about the TEA figures being estimated.

But I'm just curious if we know 'for a fact' thst Merlin don't provide figures to TEA?

*I put the quotes in because obviously there are very few things about Merlin's operations that are a verifiable fact, but I'm just wondering if anyone knew the sourse of why we believe this.
I personally believe that Merlin probably don't because there are some quite considerable discrepancies between the TEA figure and the graph that Merlin has wheeled out for planning applications in recent years. The figures and trends have disagreed with Merlin's graph in both directions; the TEA figures have been both overstated and understated.

I know that at least SOME of the figures are given to the TEA by the parks - mainly Universal, whom delayed the report a couple of weeks due to the late submission of their figures. The report was initially due out before the end of July.