• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Waterpark General Discussion

djtruefitt said:
Good news to see lockers are back to being free, they must have had alot of unhappy guests for them to change them back. The park do needs more slides and not just one or two, loads! They only have three (inside) currently dont they?)

But it is nice once again to see improvements going on around the resort.

Does anyone know if/when the waterpark will close in January for its annual repairs?
Yes. After speaking to a member of staff from the waterpark whilst in the First Aid room a few days back, I asked when they next closed for maintenance, & January was indicated.

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ollie said:
siralgenon said:
James said:
The locker fee is just laughable tbh. Whoever thought up of that idea was thinking crazy. Just another money grabbing part of Alton Towers.

They look like a pain too for staff as they have to go around collecting the profits every so often, and I've seen lockers not working too due to there being too much money on the locker, it being jammed etc...

The lockers are being changed again at the end of the season. With special tokens for Waterpark Annual Pass holders. :)

All of the money wasted on lockers could just be spent elsewhere. In my opinion the waterpark is going downhill fast - it used to be a great place to visit and made the hotels special, but now it is overcrowded and often dirty not to mention expensive! I can't recommend it to friends anymore as they come back and tell of their disappointment.

Cariba Creek is spotless in comparison to Wet N' Wild! :p

It
BigAl said:
Ollie said:
siralgenon said:
James said:
The locker fee is just laughable tbh. Whoever thought up of that idea was thinking crazy. Just another money grabbing part of Alton Towers.

They look like a pain too for staff as they have to go around collecting the profits every so often, and I've seen lockers not working too due to there being too much money on the locker, it being jammed etc...

The lockers are being changed again at the end of the season. With special tokens for Waterpark Annual Pass holders. :)

All of the money wasted on lockers could just be spent elsewhere. In my opinion the waterpark is going downhill fast - it used to be a great place to visit and made the hotels special, but now it is overcrowded and often dirty not to mention expensive! I can't recommend it to friends anymore as they come back and tell of their disappointment.

Cariba Creek is spotless in comparison to Wet N' Wild! :p

You're right it is, even compared to Water World in Stoke. However I think the standards have slipped in terms of cleanliness compared to 2007/8.

The waterpark will close for its usual maintenance on Monday 6th January till Thursday 9th January 2014, reopening at 12pm on the Friday.

I'm sure in the past it has been closed for more than 4 days? So I guess there won't be any major work taking place this season.

Bit of an update on the Waterpark:

"We are improving our outdoor Waterpark pools, so they will unfortunately be closed to the public; 21/3/14 – 04/04/14 & 06/05/14 – 16/05/14"

Source: AT.com booking pages.

To be fair, it actually makes more sense to close the outside pools when the park is open, rather than closed, as the pool will be less busy as people will be able to go on park during open season, rather than just having the swimming pool.

Shame its just maintenance and nothing more exciting.

Ian

They've left a gap in the middle too for it to open up for the Easter holidays. Seems well thought out in my eyes.

Maintenance is always a good thing. Although would be nice if they could add something new or extend the Waterpark. Since Merlin have refused some plans in the past I guess it'll just be the same old for the foreseeable future.

The outdoor pool is getting a makeover! About time as well, I don't think it has had anything done to it in 10 years!

Photos from last week:

10150563_630887983648316_2050105443_n.jpg

1150978_630887976981650_1011285901_n.jpg

10003479_630888033648311_161095229_n.jpg

I wonder why the bubbly-wubbly pool is still full? Has it been refurbed recently?

the Bubbly-wubbly pool most certainly hasn't had any work done to it recently. And it is by far the worse section of the waterpark.

The main outdoor pool looks finished now, with just one side left to do.
10155164_633154916754956_2143127251_n.jpg

10174943_633155116754936_1642487192_n.jpg

10007062_633156060088175_853402228_n.jpg

My guess is they are either leaving the bubbly-wubbly pool for another time or it will be done once the rest of the outdoor pool is finished.

Hopefully! Bubbly Wubbly is in desperate need of work and has been for a while now.

:)

Apologies for dragging this topic up from the dead - just had a question about the waterpark and didn't think it waranted a new thread. Sorry if that isn't the correct thing to do!

Just wondering if any one thinks (or knows) if the waterpark opening times are going to be extended this year (no laughing). Having a look on the official site the opening times seem to have been published up until the time(ish) that the Enchanted Village opens.

In previous years I am pretty sure the whole years opening times have been published up front at the same time as the park hours. After 1st May it simply says 'Open' - it would be nice to think they would extend the hours to help cope with the additional demand the new accommodation is going to bring. It would also help spread people out across the resort relieving pressure on bars in the evenings.

I also noticed when booking a hotel stay there is a flat rate of £12pp for the waterpark (was £15 last year) however this is now only for 1 day instead of 2, I assume this has been done to reduce demand on the water park. It would be interesting to know how many people actually used the tickets for 2 days - I would argue that due to the restricted hours of both theme park and the waterpark most guests would have done one day at each. Most days by the time you have taken the monorail back from the park at closing time the waterpark will be shutting 30 mins later.

I think the days of the waterpark being open 10am - 10pm everyday are long gone but I really hope for an improvement over 6pm closes most days.

I would expect school term time when the theme park is open they will continue with 9am to 6pm, with outdoor on limited hours. Then during school holidays the waterpark will close at 7 or 8pm. Term-time when the park is closed I expect to be limited on weekdays to just 10am to 3pm or similar as the demand will be much lower.

I think there is a kids go free offer for hotel guests as well as the reduced price?

It is Extraordinary Golf that needs better hours during park opening. You should be able to start a game an hour after park close really (so the earliest the gate should close for the golf should be 6:30 and then they should allow 90 minutes to complete the course). At the moment when it closes 30 minutes after ride close you have to rush out the park if you want to make the most of the rides and then play golf.

Waterpark is having better hours this year, open until 8pm on weekends and up to 9pm during most holidays too. Some of the opening hours are already on the website.

Outdoor also has better opening hours. In half term the Waterpark was open 9-7 with outdoor open 10-6... in February!!