• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Altons reliance on 'dark' themed areas

Studios issue isn't creativity... It's logistics

*wheels out favourite example.... zufaris exit station*

Forgive me if im wrong but I always thought AIR was seen to be a distant Oasis away from the apocalyptic nature of FV. Wasn't it suppose to be like a symbol of hope for people trapped there or something.

What it was supposed to be and what it ended up being are unfortunately not one and the same...

Shame really...

Slugjc said:
Forgive me if im wrong but I always thought AIR was seen to be a distant Oasis away from the apocalyptic nature of FV. Wasn't it suppose to be like a symbol of hope for people trapped there or something.

Ah yes nothing suggests a tranquil oasis like a concrete tunnel and sweeping views of the car park and maintenance shed.

Ben said:
Slugjc said:

Ah yes nothing suggests a tranquil oasis like a concrete tunnel and sweeping views of the car park and maintenance shed.

yeah I know.......... shame they never went full blown on the idea. I think I would work beautifully if they did. Oreven if they even attempted to fight the weathering it would be a start.

But on the subject of the dark rides. The area around AT is dark and full ghost stories, myths and legends so its no wonder that's what they go for. Lets face it you could say flamingoland goes for the safari scheme too much, its just how they feel is best for that environment.