• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

An idiot's guide to Europa Park required

djedwardsmith

TS Member
I've been meaning to sort out a trip to Europa for ages now, and unfortunately I seem to have chosen the one year when nobody decided to fly into Strasbourg which would be a million times easier than this years options. I've seen countless bits of advice on here and amongst other forums about how best to get to the park but it's starting to give me headaches. As per the title too, I'd appreciate all and any input and advice about how best to approach my trip from people who know best, I'd hate to come away feeling like I've missed out on something.

So;

We fly in on the 26th later this month, Euroairport. 9:30 landingish. Every transfer and shuttle we've looked at came out as far too expensive to consider (upwards of 100 euros) and so I think we'll be relying on public transport. Few topics on here have been great in linking to the Bahn.de website, their suggested route suggests a bus to Basel Bahnhof SBB, Intercity to Freiburg and then Regional to Ringsheim, Bus to Europa. 2 hours worth of transfers. Even has the platform numbers too which is a bonus. Just wondering if anybody has done this route, how easy is it to negotiate and, more importantly, tickets and where/how to get them (I did say this was an idiot's guide!), I've seen some people on here say you need a certain amount of Swiss Francs to buy tickets in/to Basel, others have said they can be bought on the bus, others say they need to be bought in advance.

We're staying for 3 nights, so the park close each day is slated at 6:30pm. Again going off the topics on here, I'm guessing it's a relatively quiet period for the park which is decent but just in case, do they offer any sort of fast pass if time is running tight?

Also, if the park does close at 6:30, I've seen people suggest the on-site hotels are decent to eat/drink in. We're staying off-site but right by the park, can anybody expand a bit more on this? Like, can you literally just walk in the main entrance of the hotel and into the bar/entertainment?

And finally, advice for getting around the park itself. Probably going to just buy a 1 day ticket on the day we arrive (as we won't reach the park until about 1pm at the earliest) and then a 2 day ticket in advance to cover the next two days. Our main focus is getting the coasters done first, and after that any suggestions about unmissable rides is again greatly appreciated. Not keen on watching any shows or parades.

I realise a lot of this will have been covered in bits and pieces but any responses I'm thankful for.

Can't be of any help with your transportation queries I'm afraid but will do my best with the rest!
djedwardsmith said:
1. We're staying for 3 nights, so the park close each day is slated at 6:30pm. Again going off the topics on here, I'm guessing it's a relatively quiet period for the park which is decent but just in case, do they offer any sort of fast pass if time is running tight?

2. Also, if the park does close at 6:30, I've seen people suggest the on-site hotels are decent to eat/drink in. We're staying off-site but right by the park, can anybody expand a bit more on this? Like, can you literally just walk in the main entrance of the hotel and into the bar/entertainment?

3. And finally, advice for getting around the park itself. Probably going to just buy a 1 day ticket on the day we arrive (as we won't reach the park until about 1pm at the earliest) and then a 2 day ticket in advance to cover the next two days. Our main focus is getting the coasters done first, and after that any suggestions about unmissable rides is again greatly appreciated. Not keen on watching any shows or parades.

1. I'd imagine that the park will indeed be fairy quiet but if it is busier than expected they will extend ride close slightly. There is no fast pass offered at all (you will be pleased about this when you see how quickly the queue move with no fast pass slowing it down).

2. You can indeed just walk into the hotels and sample any of the bars and/or restaurants. I highly recommend Silver Lake Saloon for a nice meal, it is located at the Tipidorf Camp Resort (near the main car parks) and the food and atmosphere is excellent. Making a reservation is recommended (same applies for any of the hotel restaurants) and this can be done either on the EP app or at a guest relation point in the park (best bet is Eurotower).

3. You should easily get all of the coasters done plus plenty of the other rides. The rapids (Fjord Rafting) are very good and it is worth doing the Poppy Towers in the Arthur dome as they are just really fun. Don't miss Kolumbusjolle in Spain either, new effects were added to the ride last year.

Hope that is all useful, I am sure others will be able to provide you with help also!

:)

I've been meaning to sort out a trip to Europa for ages now, and unfortunately I seem to have chosen the one year when nobody decided to fly into Strasbourg which would be a million times easier than this years options. I've seen countless bits of advice on here and amongst other forums about how best to get to the park but it's starting to give me headaches. As per the title too, I'd appreciate all and any input and advice about how best to approach my trip from people who know best, I'd hate to come away feeling like I've missed out on something.

So;

We fly in on the 26th later this month, Euroairport. 9:30 landingish. Every transfer and shuttle we've looked at came out as far too expensive to consider (upwards of 100 euros) and so I think we'll be relying on public transport. Few topics on here have been great in linking to the Bahn.de website, their suggested route suggests a bus to Basel Bahnhof SBB, Intercity to Freiburg and then Regional to Ringsheim, Bus to Europa. 2 hours worth of transfers. Even has the platform numbers too which is a bonus. Just wondering if anybody has done this route, how easy is it to negotiate and, more importantly, tickets and where/how to get them (I did say this was an idiot's guide!), I've seen some people on here say you need a certain amount of Swiss Francs to buy tickets in/to Basel, others have said they can be bought on the bus, others say they need to be bought in advance.

We're staying for 3 nights, so the park close each day is slated at 6:30pm. Again going off the topics on here, I'm guessing it's a relatively quiet period for the park which is decent but just in case, do they offer any sort of fast pass if time is running tight?

Also, if the park does close at 6:30, I've seen people suggest the on-site hotels are decent to eat/drink in. We're staying off-site but right by the park, can anybody expand a bit more on this? Like, can you literally just walk in the main entrance of the hotel and into the bar/entertainment?

And finally, advice for getting around the park itself. Probably going to just buy a 1 day ticket on the day we arrive (as we won't reach the park until about 1pm at the earliest) and then a 2 day ticket in advance to cover the next two days. Our main focus is getting the coasters done first, and after that any suggestions about unmissable rides is again greatly appreciated. Not keen on watching any shows or parades.

I realise a lot of this will have been covered in bits and pieces but any responses I'm thankful for.

Rob has covered most things - but buy a 3-day ticket when you arrive. Contrary to the website, you can buy them and they will save you money on a 2+1 day ticket.

:)

I went as a first timer a couple of months ago so found a few things which may help...

do they offer any sort of fast pass if time is running tight?
Thank the lord, No! You won't need it anyway. I highly recommend the app which has live queue times that are incredibly accurate. We found the queue times fluctuated hugely throughout the day by area, with the front right of the park (Silver Star, Poseidon, Pegasus, EuroSat) having big queues in the morning and emptying out later. Even if shows aren't your thing I'd still try and take one or two in, the ones we saw were very good (especially the ice show) and it's nice to have a little break from the rides now and then.

We found the best way to the hotels was to go in via the park at closing, the hotel exit is free to use by anyone at the back of the park near supersplash. If you have any nice warm evenings my pick would be the cocktail bar at Bell Rock for a few drinks and the fountain show. You seem to be able to use all the facilities unchallenged. I'd recommend their hotel desk currency exchange, we got a better rate than was available in the UK at the time in the El Andaluz. . While the hotels and on site stuff is great don't discount the off site stuff, what we found was all very good with a favorite being the Greek place.

Have a great time, you'll love it!