• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Angry at husband for taking soft toy off my 15 year old daughter

Am I overreacting?

• Total voters
As it the weekend it may not be too useful due to the weekend.
Support should be available though the school.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
Will speak to them on Monday.

I would just buy her the exact same soft toy again but my husband will probably just take it off her again.

I've been through something similar. 5 months ago I came home to find most of my plushies gone. Now all I have is a rainbow leopard, a unicorn hamster, a puffin, 2 star lords and nemesis. It's been really hard for me to cope without them and caused me to cry daily. My Octonauts have been given to a child without my permission and I'm shamed for watching it and I feel bad for wanting them back yet I really really miss all of them. I'm 19 and hug my star lords every night.

Just a bit of devils advocacy. It's healthy for kids to develop resilience to not being able to have everything they want all of the time, especially non-essentials. Being over clingy and demanding are not great traits in an adult, if every childhood whim and fancy of little Johnny or Jenny is met they may just expect the rest of their lives to be like that, but it won't be and they won't be able to cope.

Ways of doing these things though. Sounds like your biggest problem is communication with your husband.

Wishing you a good night's sleep...