• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Annual, Season, & All Year Attraction Passes - What do you have?

T

TS Member
After clearing my wallet for the first time in a very long time, I've realised just how many attraction tickets I currently hold, and how many places I now have access to, without having to pay entry at the door!

I want to know what YOU all have!

I have unlimited, yearly access (from the date of purchase of relevant pass), to the following attractions in the UK, under the following passes:

Merlin Annual Pass (Standard): - £65 Renewal
Alton Towers
Thorpe Park
Chessington World Of Adventures
Legoland
Legoland Discovery Centre
London Eye
Sealife (12 Locations)
Madam Tussauds (2 Locations)
The Dungeons (4 Locations + Warwick)
Warwick Castle

+ 20% Retail discount. - You know the score!

Historic Royal Palaces: - £43
Tower of London
Hampton Court Palace
Banqueting House
Kensington Palace
Kew Palace

+ 10% Retail discount.

National Trust: - £22.50
Over 300 historic house, gardens and countryside and coastline spaces

Heritage Pass (Lincoln): - £15
Lincoln Castle
Gainsborough Old Hall

+ 50% off Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre, Coningsby

Lincoln Cathedral Annual Membership: - £10
Lincoln Cathedral

I also have the following, which is slightly different. but essentially the same principle:

Cineworld Unlimited Card: - £15 P/M / £180 P/Y
Unlimited film viewings, for any showing.

So, for £155.50, I have access to all the above places, throughout the UK, for a year from the date I purchased the relevant pass. I think it is fantastic to have such an item, as for myself, it allows me to get up on any given day, and drive to one of the many attractions, parks or locations, without worrying about what it's going to cost me. Plus, with the Merlin parks, the Capsule on offer proves fantastic value at £16 for drinks all year.

It's saved me hundreds, and has allowed multiple visits I wouldn't otherwise make as a full paying visitor to any of the above. For that reason alone, it's amazing value for myself.

So, what tickets, passes & memberships do you all hold? How much of an annual saving do you make?

I have a Merlin Annual Pass which I've had since 2009. From September 2011 to September this year, I also had a Europa Park Annual Pass, which I'll probably buy again when I next visit. :)

From August 2009 for a year, I also had a Six Flags Annual Pass, as it was the same price as one day's entry to Magic Mountain! For the same reason, I also have a Magna Annual Pass until February. :)

I've got a MAP standard which I'll renew (or not renew and simply buy a new one in the half price sale) for next year. It's saved me quite a bit of money and is probably the best value entertainments pass in the country for the number of attractions you can enter for. Even more when you consider a Pleasure Beach pass is £189 and a MAP standard at full price is £140 something, ridiculously good value.

I've owned a Standard MAP since the sale in January of this year, and have made relatively good use of it. I may come to renew it again when it runs out, or get a new one dependent on price. I'm also the owner of a Europa-Park Annual Pass - purchased for my visit in August, as it would've been better value to buy it than get multi-day park entrance tickets.

Premium MAP + National Trust pass + Trentham Gardens pass = Good times!

I did have a pass for the Alton Towers Waterpark but it ran out just after Summer but we haven't renewed it yet because we can't decide if it's worth the money. The place was lovely last year and at the start of this year but it seemed to get worse as each month passed. Not the place for discussing that though.

Wouldn't mind a pass for Drayton and Blackpool Pleasure Beach too as they're both near, but I don't know whether I'd get to use them enough. It'd help if they both got decent new coasters, but if Blackpool gets rid of the Mouse for a reason other than the fact that it's too dangerous and costly to keep running, I don't think I could ever buy a pass for that park anyway.

Also wouldn't mind a Historic Royal Palaces pass too, but they're all too far for me. :/

T said:
National Trust: - £22.50
Over 300 historic house, gardens and countryside and coastline spaces

For anyone thinking of joining the national trust (a darn good idea if only for some of the car parks in the Lake District) you can actually join the National Trust for Scotland. It is slightly cheaper (price depends on age) and it allows full access to all UK national trust sites with their reciprocal arrangements.

Currently on my second standard MAP (only bought it for TST meets in theory), my second Pleasure Beach Platinum Pass, fourth National Trust family pass and my first Europa-Park annual ticket.

Hopefully can get enough money to utilise the latter next summer before it runs out :).

Nice to know where the student loan money is going anyway... :D

I've had a MAP since October 2010, standard in the first year and now on my second premium, but I intend to let it go in 2013.

At present, just a National Trust Pass. Planning on getting myself a Merlin Standard Pass when the need arises once again, however. :)

At present I only have a Premium MAP but in 2009-2010 I also had a Europa Park Annual Pass and a Disneyland Paris Dream Annual Pass. I have held some sort or Merlin/Tussauds annual pass since 2006 and won't be giving my MAP up anytime soon.

Re: Annual, Season, & All Year Attraction Passes - What do you have?

I also have lifelong membership of Dempseys gay club in Sheffield, does that count....?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I have a platinum pass for Blackpool Pleasure Beach and I'm sure I will get another next year if there is another offer on, there is no way I'm paying £189.60 for one!