• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Apple or Android?

Apple or Android?

• Total voters
I don't really have a horse in this race, I don't care what OS my phone has or who makes it as my purchases are based on low price for basic functionality.

Seems we are discussing which evil global empire is more or less evil than another evil global empire. Not sure anyone can be on the right side of this one. That reasoning is shadey as hell though. People know batteries deteriorate over time, if that was a truly legitimate and helpful feature to manage that and extand the useful life of the phone it would absolutely be understood and marketable, not a secret.

Indeed they did. But unlike Android, Windows and even their own MacOS. They totally removed support for 32 bit apps. I mean the support was there already so why disable it. They keep it there on their desktops but suspiciously remove it on mobile, their biggest market. My point still stands.
Considering for developers it's not that much effort I don't think that's a valid point

Never a fan of this conversation, no matter who it is with. It's one of those things where everybody has their own preference, and will always get super defensive over their choice and their reasons. It's just like arguing over who's local Chinese Takeaway is the best, everybody suddenly gets super defensive (unless this is just from my experience).

Personally I prefer Apple phones, however I've had 3 Android phones before my current iPhone (iPhone XR). I ordered the iPhone 13 Pro the other day as my phone gets a lot of use each day and the battery and performance has degraded greatly over the last 3 years I've owned the phone.

Never a fan of this conversation, no matter who it is with. It's one of those things where everybody has their own preference, and will always get super defensive over their choice and their reasons. It's just like arguing over who's local Chinese Takeaway is the best, everybody suddenly gets super defensive (unless this is just from my experience).

Personally I prefer Apple phones, however I've had 3 Android phones before my current iPhone (iPhone XR). I ordered the iPhone 13 Pro the other day as my phone gets a lot of use each day and the battery and performance has degraded greatly over the last 3 years I've owned the phone.
For most people it's just what clicks best, for some with super specific needs they have no choice which way.

Both are suitably fine approaches.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk