• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

ATR Mini Meet 5/6 October

IanB

TS Member
<b>Edit - Just Towers Only, please see bottom of topic for latest info</b>

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if anyone fancied having a meet at Alton Towers Resort on Saturday and then At The Races at Uttoxeter for some Horse Racing on the Sunday?

The horse racing event, is a James Bond Themed day, so dress to impress (You do not need to dress up, but smart dress is normally required for access to the Grandstand), and the first race starts at 2.10 with the gates opening at midday. Tickets for the event start from £10, but I think the Grandstand & Paddock Enclosure Ticket at £17 when booked in advance looks the best bet, although for an extra £5 you can get access to the Premium Bar, and Champagne Lounge (You still have to pay for drinks).

Betting on the races, you can gamble as little as £2 per race, and there will be a total of 7 jump races. For those unsure what Jump racing is, it is where the horse has to jump over hurdles along the course, compared to flat racing, where they just run around the course.

The course opens at midday, so there is plenty of time to lay in, and recover from any previous night hang overs. Because the gates do not open to midday, and Towers early checkout policy at 10am leaving a 2 hour gap, I am going to suggest the Premier Inn at Uttoxeter as the hotel venue. There is a pub next door, and something that is becoming more popular than pubs, there is also a Starbucks there for those who like there coffee. It is also only 5 minutes away from the race track by car or a 20 minute walk if you want to leave the car at the hotel.

I know it is a long way off, but with how quickly everyone has things planned, I thought I would post this nice and early.

Links - http://www.uttoxeter-racecourse.co.uk/horse-racing/fixture-details.php?detailId=211

Ian

Sounds like good fun! I'll have to wait until a little nearer the time before I say for sure but I'd be up for this.

:)

Might join on the Saturday, cannot commit atm due to it being agessss away.

I'm a yes for towers and stopping over night, but I think I've got a slight gamberling problem so might miss the races :)

I might come as it is my birthday on the 5th and would be a perfect excuse to buy a classic satin wiggle dress.

Just be aware that this weekend the park will also be host to lots of travellers. They come up for the races and will visit the park.

Whoops, thought I'd already posted in here but guess not. As you know Ian, I am definitely up for a day at the races, not so fussed about Alton though :p Will book the day off work when things are more certain :)

Sure I'd replied too! :p

Definitely interested - subject to nothing coming up nearer the time I'm there :D

Just in case anyone was still interested in this, despite my best attempt to plan ahead, I can now no longer attend this. I would still love to do something like this in the future, but for now I can not.

If someone wants to take over this feel free to.

Regards,

Ian

Sounds like a lovely idea. Hubby is off that weekend, so I'll ask him if he would like to go to the races.

On park Saturday with the mother. I'll say hi if/when anyone is there :)

Possible for Sunday!

Eye Spy!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Will be on park but might be a bit hungover. Would love to see you Dan.