• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Avatar Technology and Theme Parks

Ok, it's time for whatever tiny bit of street cred that I had to be gone forever.

I love ABBA (there, I said it), especially Agnetha...

They have a new Avatar based show in London, ABBA Voyage that uses the latest technology (far ahead of previous shows using Holograms).

I think it looks incredible and would love to see it, but having read the Daily Mail comments page (more street cred gone), there is a sizeable contingent that believe this is a worrying trend, lazyness on the part of the artists and a concern that the performers aren't really there.

I don't have a problem with this in the case of ABBA as they have personally invested 5 years of their creative energies and allegedly 140 million pounds into the production with the aid of Industrial Light and Magic to create "A Concert Like No other" (Tagline). Better they do it their way as opposed to people who don't fully understand how they work after they've gone.

Anyway... Would you go and see a technology based Avatar show (not necessarily Abba, we all have different Musical Tastes, Elvis, The Stones, Pink Floyd, etc)?

In addition, could this technology be used in a different way as the cost comes down to create a new kind of theme park experience, more immersive and impressive than anything done before, especially if combined with an appropriate theme and dark ride transit system?

I reckon it's only a matter of time before someone does it.

Don't worry, I draw the line at platform shoes... Even for Mardi Gras!

Last edited: