• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Awful School Shooting in America

My heart goes out to the families of victims of this hideous crime.

I have been try to think of a response to this thread since it started.

Firearms cant just be banned. There are uses for them. Farmer uses them for pest control, the ministry of defence department, diplomatic and royal protection units use them.

Its all comes down to control of weaponry. More people in the uk are killed with non licensed illegally owned guns then they are death and serious injury from legally held licensed guns.

The coverage America receives for insignificant (on the grand scale of things) incidents is disgusting. It makes me sick to the stomach.

I see a powerful tropical storm approaching Fiji gets a brief mention at the end of BBC News this evening, yet if it were America it'd be top of the news in this country.

I don't think that the BBC and other media outlets represent a public obsession with America and they need to move on.

So America, all those innocent kids in the Middle East that've been killed by American soldiers/drones/bombers over the years, where's their tribute?

Am I the only person who really can't stand the pathetic hypocrite that is America?

It's not just America though. The entire world is guilty of it. Murdering foreign people in war is supposedly something to be proud of and if you disagree you're a traitor to your country.

America glorifies the murder of innocent people in the Middle East then wonders why so many people in their own country decide to snap and kill innocent people in their own country.

As usual with these things, the shooting has been hijacked for political gains by the pro-gun and anti-gun people. Rather than discuss why so many people in America are breaking down and shooting kids, and finding ways to stop it happening by educating people and helping people at the end of their rope, it's now just an argument over whether Americans should have guns or not.

The worst thing about all this, is that my usual site for LOLs... ATS, has been completely overtaken by rednecks freaking out that "librulz gunna take mah gurnz!". It's like they have forgotten about the end of the world altogether. :(

Sorry to drag this back up, but I can't keep this to myself.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RC4JJWUtzkc#![/youtube]

And this.

Violent video games caused it, didn't they...

video-game-chart-no-trendline.jpg

Think this......

The Americans are behind us in every way, be it timezone, eating habits or gun laws.

Sigh... Starcraft is played massively to the point of e sport status in Korea and Japan, its a very tactical and not exactly violent... Or atleast nowhere near as violent as lord of the rings.

Eitherway you don't get Korean starcraft players shooting up schools... So I think that's a problem with America, not starcraft.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

It's all because of games and music. Nothing to do with allowing nutters access to assault rifles. Anyone who disagrees using reason or statistics is a freedom hating communist...

Every generation's parents has to find something to blame for what their children do. Rock n Roll, "video nasties", Hip Hop, computer games... in other words, whatever they didn't have when they were growing up and therefore can't understand.

Two lyrics, both from (very different) animated films sum this up perfectly:
The first is from Disney's Beauty And The Beast...
"We don't like what we don't understand, in fact it scares us
and this monster is mysterious at least"

And the second, which is even more fitting, comes from South Park: Bigger, Longer And Uncut...
"We must complain and cause a fuss
before somebody thinks of blaming us!"

During the cold war The USA used MAD (mutually assured destruction) to keep themselves safe. Now there are trying to do it again with Guns.

The problem is, Back when the cold war was on there was two fairly sane governments. who knew the score when it came to world war 3. and it worked. BUT trying doing this to a mentally ill teen, it just does not work.

maybe if mental health services was not just for the well off people that can afford to pay for it, then there would be less mentally deranged teens out there with access to guns.

If they wanted the right to bare arm, maybe they should have free mental heath check ups for owners and their family every 6 to 12 months. this could go someway to lowering the danger.

That video is amazing. It is an odd sensation to find myself agreeing with Piers Moron however. It does seem ridiculous that the main argument against gun control seems to be 'if we ban guns then how will we protect ourselves against maniacs with guns?'.

Acording to the ATS nutjobs, Pies Morgan should be deported back to Britain and never allowed back on US soil for daring to question their gun culture.
It seems the only thing rednecks are angered by more than "liberals" saying guns are bad... is non Americans - you know, the rest of the world, who DON'T worship guns - saying it.