• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Baco! A good ride or a torture machine?

How would you rate back?

• Good ride

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Terrible ride

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I can't remember anything about it it hurt so much

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

AndrewH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
I rode baco before I was an enthusiast and it was my first launch coaster and to be honest I loved it! I don't remember it being rough or too much vibrations i just remember coming off and thinking that was great!

I know a lot of you don't agree discuss

Without a doubt, the worst of all the 222 coasters I have been on to date. Others who have been on twice as many or more agree. Melting it down and turning it in to beer cans is too good for it, it should be disposed of in such a way that no componant of it could ever taint this planet again. Fire it in to the sun or something.

Here's a question, would you rather ride Baco, or Tornado at Bakken?

There's a reason why no-one else has ever built another version of Baco... Even Skyrush has been modified beyond direct comparison...

I've not done Tornado, but I hear it's pretty bad. A shame, as it looks like a fun little ride. But I find it hard to believe anything could be as bad as Baco.

Inside seats are OK, although it's still a pretty boring layout. Outside seats could potentially be used as a method of torture, where full concentration is required to prevent your head from being smashed in.

I first rode it in 2008 (1 year after opening) and I don't remember it being too bad. I went on it at least 4 times which I wouldn't have done if it was truly that painful (although every other major ride was closed so that might have had an effect).

However there was a member on here who like me visited when it first opened and defended it. But he returned a few years back and said it was truly awful. It does make me wonder if it's just aged really badly. But then some people have always claimed it's been rough so I have no idea.

I do want to return to PortAventura because as mentioned above I missed out on nearly everything on my only previous trip but I wonder if it's best to leave Baco and keep the good memories I had of it.