• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Baked Beans and Vacuum Cleaners!

TheMan

TS Member
Favourite Ride
NemiLerVion
Right, so... in an attempt to lighten the mood around my posts, given my involvement in rather heated debates elsewhere lol I pose to you, two, simple, but deceptively deep questions....

QUESTION 1:

Why, when Baked Beans, are so infallibly delicious, does the pan, when soaked over night, smell like what I can only imagine an entire fleet of TST's socks would - after a mammoth summer theme park sojourn - followed by being festered in mold, and cask aged for 10 years.

Is there, a legitimate reason for this rancid beany pong?

QUESTION 2:

I was recently bought, as a gift, a portable, hand held vacuum cleaner of no discernible brand (Lidl...). Now I know not, of your experiences - however mine, when it comes specifically to these devices are thus:

You open box, charge for 6 weeks, after fixing to a wall - only to find, when it comes to using said convenience product, the only thing it is actually useful for is making an impression OF a small vacuum like noise. Coming with more appendages than Lord Ganesh himself (many of which, I would rather NOT hazard a guess as to their purpose!), I most often found myself waged in a battle of attrition with a near microscopic speckle of dust, garnishing ones dashboard... only to be defeated, miserably, by a quickly discharging battery!

Imagine my suprise then, when this one ACTUALLY picked stuff up!

So question 2 is, why is it, that small vacuum cleaners are sold - and seldom actually function in their primary purpose?

These my friends, are the REAL life changing questions - that of Bean Pongs, and Un-Vacuumy Vacuums!!

Namaste!
;D

Er... what?!

I don't get what you're trying to say, or the purpose of this, but I have some solutions.

1. Wash the pan.

2. Buy a normal vacuum cleaner.

And don't forget the song:

Beans, beans the musical fruit...

Something tells me this topic could reach it's full potential if it were moved to the tavern.... ;)

I've bean thinking about getting a mini vacuum cleaner for a while. I need something to clean up the rat mess without having to get the Dyson out. (No, I don't live in a sewer, I have pet rats and they tend to throw beddi out of their cage).

I must be one of the few people who hates baked beans :/

Much prefer Spaghetti Hoops!

AshleeKel said:

I hate Baked Beans too, so does my Dad, his Brother and my Aunty on my Mum's side. In fact I think my Mum is the only person in our family that will actually eat them :/

DiogoJ42 said:
Something tells me this topic could reach it's full potential if it were moved to the tavern.... ;)

Thanks dude! I did wonder which was the correct place to post it :) - have a word if you can, or I will about getting it shunted into the boozer!

DiogoJ42 said:
I've bean thinking about getting a mini vacuum cleaner for a while. I need something to clean up the rat mess without having to get the Dyson out. (No, I don't live in a sewer, I have pet rats and they tend to throw beddi out of their cage).

This Lidl one is a revelation dude, in so much as, it actually picks stuff up! It's a sight to behold mate, really it is ;D

Nick said:
I don't get what you're trying to say, or the purpose of this, but I have some solutions.

Dude, dude, dude. Seriously, it's not the solution that's the problem - it's the problem. ie: From a scientific perspective WHY do bean pans smell rancid when being soaked to prize their concretey over cooked saucespiciousness from the pan!

And secondly, I have a Dyson, it is magnificent machine of epic proportions... that include, WEIGHT, and not longy leady enough without extension through garage or letter box faffnesses! A man one day thought, ENOUGH OF THIS MADNESS!!

Let me invent the small suction device, that man can carry with him! A swiss army vacuum!! Unfortunately, said man forgot to include something powerful enough to actually pick anything up! I have tried many. All disappointed before the shining glory of the Lidl cordless wonder.

What is more, I have discovered, she contains a greater surprise!! Her attachments are rubber, not plastic, they are flexible, and no word of a fib the chief attachment is akin to a pair of vacuumy lips!

I kid you not. :eek:

AshleeKel said:

I find them quite peppery in a way, not that this is a bad thing - but perhaps they suffer from the same odoursome affliction?

Thomas said:
What brand were the beans? Branston? Heinz? Own Brand?

My good man! They were Branston ;D

Pleased to hear it! I'd guess it's something to do with the chemistry of the bean. Beans contain demihemicelluloses which is fed to the bacteria in your gut to help them be digested. I'd imagine it's something to do with that.

Oh and all portable vaccum cleaners bar the Dyson £149 job are awful. You'd be as well to pay an asthmatic child to suck things up off the floor.

Informative Thomas!!

Thomas said:
Pleased to hear it! I'd guess it's something to do with the chemistry of the bean. Beans contain demihemicelluloses which is fed to the bacteria in your gut to help them be digested. I'd imagine it's something to do with that.

Abso-freakin-lutely sir! What you said! ;D

And you get it Thomas, you get it. Non-vacuumus vacuums. This is thing though, this one is different, it shuns convention, it defies physics - it sucks stuff up!

TheMan said:
What is more, I have discovered, she contains a greater surprise!! Her attachments are rubber, not plastic, they are flexible, and no word of a fib the chief attachment is akin to a pair of vacuumy lips!
*Blaze's ears prick up*

Well now, where can I get me one of these... I mean erm... what would anyone ever want that for...

Ha-ha Blaze! ;D

I have to say though, these vacuumy lips are in fact, a bit on the small side, and whilst flexible, it is still a rather small attachment my friend!

I'm impressed to hear that for once someone has a success story with a portable vaccum. To be honest the very very worst are the 12vt car ones, both weedy and potentially lethal to battery!