• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Been a victim of flooding recently?

The Govenment can be blamed for many things but they cant stop it raining.

I am getting a bit fed up of all these people bleating on the news though, yes it's terrible but if you buy a house on a flood plain or next to a river what do you expect?
Personally I thought about this when looking for my last house and brought one on a hill.
Guess what? I dont have problems with flooding.

Funny how after years of austerity and cuts, suddenly "money is no object" to help the damp Tory voters down south. It'd be a different story if the floods were in a poor northern area.

Guys I don't see what the fuss is about.

Let's not hide from the truth.

Blame the gays!

This is half a mile from my house...
1922816_10153817775485612_1142304753_n.jpg

This is the garden. We don't have a treehouse anymore - it'd been there for nearly 20 years...
1931983_10153817752790612_1978979008_n.jpg

Bloody gays (don't worry I joke) acting like god and making it rain (not saying there's a god if that offends) i really do like some people minds

I feel really bad for the people this flooding has affected. It can severely damaged some peoples homes. I feel really sorry for them, but hopefully they can get through it alright. Is everyone ok?

BenBowser said:
I feel really bad for the people this flooding has affected. It can severely damaged some peoples homes. I feel really sorry for them, but hopefully they can get through it alright. Is everyone ok?
gays for god sake

We could be approaching the 'meddling' EU for £100m of emergency fund money following this. How embarrassing for a Conservative government.

I've not seen any hint of this in London. The worst we've had is a bit of rain earlier today. But yesterday was gorgeous and sunny.
I say this is god's wrath against NORTHERNERS.

Its rained a lot where I live, but no flooding. We haven't rowed on the river this week due to the high wind speed which I find more annoying than the rain. :L

Where I live, both in Warwickshire and Berkshire, I'm not affected by the storms too much as the homes aren't built on floodplains and, whilst I live near rivers, they can't reach me. I haven't been a victim of the flooding in the 'I've lost my home, stranded, no connection to civilisation' way but the knock on effects with transport will definitely factor over the next few weeks, it's already affected my family who commute on a daily basis to London with a portion of the train track near Maidenhead being completely wrecked and the recent landslip near Banbury has caused the Chiltern line to cancel almost every London to Birmingham train.

I don't know much about how the North's been affected by the floods, in fact my Cumbrian side of the family live right by the Irish Sea on a freaking island with no trouble, but I feel damn sorry for anybody who has had their homes, businesses and towns flooded by the storms.