• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best and Worst theme parks to get to by public transport

Towers is fairly easy to get to, two trains and a bus so not that hard. Just to get there it requires patience but it is almost as much on the bus (£4.50 Return) as on the train (£7.05 Return)

You know your park is hard to get to when an international traveller’s review opened with a paragraph on park accessibility and closed with a picture of his struggle to get back on the bus:

4756673712_1737dce717_b.jpg

Of course I'm talking about Alton and the review from Roller Coaster Philosophy. I completely agree as I've had my own fair share of trouble using that bus route.

Here's my list of the parks I've attempted from best to worst:

Liseberg - It's in the middle of a city
Port Aventura - Simple train Journey from Barcelona
Phantasialand - Simple tram and Bus Journey from Cologne
Tripsdrill - Simple train and Bus Journey from Stuttgart

^ Those are the easy ones (although they do involve flying but as I live near Stansted that's not really an issue). Then there's:

Europa Park - Long Journey but not really that bad
Alton Towers - An hour long Bus journey from Stoke-on-Trent, that's ignoring the rest of the journey.

Although I will note that there are a lot harder parks to access which is why I'm still yet to visit Oakwood or LWV.