• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best order to do rides on park?

Do they open the park gates sometime between 9am and 10am to avoid crowds gathering, then rides open at 10am?
Yes, last time I was at Towers (Oct 2020), I was through the gates at 9:30 and at my first ride shortly afterwards, rides started promptly at 10.

The gates open at 9am, meaning you can be at a ride for 9:15 - they may sometimes begin operating early, last September we were on and off Thirteen by 9:50 and Rita by 10:05.

My plan for next Thursday has now changed from the plan I carried out on May 28, as Galactica and Nemesis are getting high queues far too quickly now. Gangsta Granny also appears to be remaining relatively low early on, thus the order I hope to do will be:
The Smiler > TH13TEEN > Rita > Gangsta Granny > Flavio's Fabulous Fandango > Hex > Roller Disco > Congo River Rapids > Runaway Mine Train > Duel > Wicker Man > Mixtape > Enterprise > Oblivion > The Blade > Funk'n'Fly > Nemesis > Galactica, and hope it works out!

My plan for next Thursday has now changed from the plan I carried out on May 28, as Galactica and Nemesis are getting high queues far too quickly now. Gangsta Granny also appears to be remaining relatively low early on, thus the order I hope to do will be:
The Smiler > TH13TEEN > Rita > Gangsta Granny > Flavio's Fabulous Fandango > Hex > Roller Disco > Congo River Rapids > Runaway Mine Train > Duel > Wicker Man > Mixtape > Enterprise > Oblivion > The Blade > Funk'n'Fly > Nemesis > Galactica, and hope it works out!
I think that's pretty bang on. Loads of people seem to advocate getting to FV early as I have done many times but I can't stress enough how quiet it is in the last hour of the day as well. Added bonus of the exiting through the Galactica gates as well.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

How about this instead?

The Smiler > TH13TEEN > Rita > Gangsta Granny > Flavio's Fabulous Fandango > Hex > Roller Disco > Congo River Rapids > Runaway Mine Train > Duel > Wicker Man > Mixtape > Enterprise > Oblivion > The Blade > Funk'n'Fly > Nemesis > Nemesis > Nemesis > Nemesis > Nemesis > Nemesis > Nemesis?

And don't bother with Galactica, because Nemesis is better.

[/QUOTE]

Started with Nemesis then Galactica , Hex , Gangsta Granny and got them done by 11 ish then its a case of get to Dark Forest other wise you have had it for 13 and Rita being under 60 min after that things seem to settle down especially wicker man , i would say X Sector is probably best last.

My plan was to arrive at 9am, go to FV and ride Nemesis, Galactica. Then get the skyride to DF and ride Rita and 13. Then walk to X Sector and ride Smiler and Oblivion. Then ride Spinball and Wickerman. I'm going in September during Oktoberfest during a weekday, is this a good plan? There are 6 of us and we haven't been in years so I really need to make the most of the day.

My plan was to arrive at 9am, go to FV and ride Nemesis, Galactica. Then get the skyride to DF and ride Rita and 13. Then walk to X Sector and ride Smiler and Oblivion. Then ride Spinball and Wickerman. I'm going in September during Oktoberfest during a weekday, is this a good plan? There are 6 of us and we haven't been in years so I really need to make the most of the day.

Sky ride may not open until 11am, so you might find you are done with Nemesis & Galactica earlier than that.

Also don't forget about Duel, Hex, the Sea Life centre and all the retrosquad rides.

I would expect a September weekday to be fairly quiet even if it is Oktoberfest.

Yeah I was going to add the retro squads in as well and maybe pop to runaway mine train if it is quiet before the skyride opens. Really struggling to find a reliable answer on how long I will queue in September so I don't know if I will be queueing for 30 mins plus at 10am and therefore need to rush to DF anyway...

Yeah I was going to add the retro squads in as well and maybe pop to runaway mine train if it is quiet before the skyride opens. Really struggling to find a reliable answer on how long I will queue in September so I don't know if I will be queueing for 30 mins plus at 10am and therefore need to rush to DF anyway...
You won't find a reliable answer because this year is different. The park is likely to be busier even midweek in September than it is in normal times unless the borders open up but it'll still be quiet regardless so you should be fine.

One thing I can almost guarantee however is that if you do FV first (I would advocate doing it last every time), the Skyride will not be open by the time you're done.

You won't find a reliable answer because this year is different. The park is likely to be busier even midweek in September than it is in normal times unless the borders open up but it'll still be quiet regardless so you should be fine.

One thing I can almost guarantee however is that if you do FV first (I would advocate doing it last every time), the Skyride will not be open by the time you're done.

That is really good to know. I may start at X-Sector instead then walk to DF then see what the queues are like after that. Thanks for your advice!

That is really good to know. I may start at X-Sector instead then walk to DF then see what the queues are like after that. Thanks for your advice!
If you're starting in X Sector, be quick! If you get in there early enough, you can get straight on The Smiler so your original arrival time of 9am sounds like a good strategy. You'll end up in DF before the crowds and probably walk straight on to Thirteen and Rita. You could get all 3 done by 10 if the park opens early enough (not guaranteed).

I would avoid the SkyRide full stop if you're completely focused on ride time. If you're up for the walk, it's almost always quicker to walk to another area of the park than it is to walk to an SR station, queue and then ride the gondolas. If the park is really quiet, it will save your legs and maybe some time between DF and FV, but only if park is dead.

If you're starting in X Sector, be quick! If you get in there early enough, you can get straight on The Smiler so your original arrival time of 9am sounds like a good strategy. You'll end up in DF before the crowds and probably walk straight on to Thirteen and Rita. You could get all 3 done by 10 if the park opens early enough (not guaranteed).

I would avoid the SkyRide full stop if you're completely focused on ride time. If you're up for the walk, it's almost always quicker to walk to another area of the park than it is to walk to an SR station, queue and then ride the gondolas. If the park is really quiet, it will save your legs and maybe some time between DF and FV, but only if park is dead.

Yeah I'm not queuing for any skyrides so will just have to go on other rides on a different walking route if that's the situation. We tried to pick as quiet a day as possible but it is so hard to predict. All the school kids and students should be back by then so I really hope it will be dead.

The quietest days of all are usually the few weekdays just before scarefest.
You can overplan you know, do what seems right on the day!

Hahaha so true. I'm over planning now and it will just ruin the fun. I'll remember all this advice in the back of my head and just start somewhere from the back and then chill out and let my mates decide.