• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best themed areas

josht

TS Member
Favourite Ride
bandit (movie park)
Often in theme parks I think great themed areas help make rides as good as they are so i'm putting this topic up to see what is your greatest themed area within the worlds theme parks ?

Should this not be for just Alton Towers, considering it's in the AT section? :p

I'll go with Storybook Land as my favourite themed area at Alton Towers. It's just such a charming area of the park to be in and everything piece of theming is fantastic (original theming only).

It's sad to see it falling apart and I hope something is done about it! I also hope that a new show or ride will take the place of the Ice Show tent and for Squirrel Nutty to given some attention.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Book Worm restored either. We went past the other day and his throat has ripped apart (yep, my favourite animatronic looks like he's had his throat slit... again!), he's covered in grime and he doesn't even move on some occasions, but still makes a sound.

:(

BigAl said:
Should this not be for just Alton Towers, considering it's in the AT section? :p

I'll go with Storybook Land as my favourite themed area at Alton Towers. It's just such a charming area of the park to be in and everything piece of theming is fantastic (original theming only).

It's sad to see it falling apart and I hope something is done about it! I also hope that a new show or ride will take the place of the Ice Show tent and for Squirrel Nutty to given some attention.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Book Worm restored either. We went past the other day and his throat has ripped apart (yep, my favourite animatronic looks like he's had his throat slit... again!), he's covered in grime and he doesn't even move on some occasions, but still makes a sound.

:(
Yeah sorry about that and I would have to agree with you with storybook land

I find Katanga Canyon to be one of the best themed because it's always stayed intact with the landscaping, continues the adventurous interactive focus and is left relatively untouched sans the recent bouncy African tunes that always have me dancing. It also encapsulates John Wardley's idea of fun, due to the interaction he pretty much created since Congo River Rapids originally had a dull winding queueline that you couldn't see the ride from, and family thrills which is what Alton Towers is really about.

Old McDonald's Farm I have a soft spot for just because it's so quiet and has also been relatively untouched beside the Dungheap (which I quite like for the, er, equipment) and what remains of the Ice Tent. Not a lot needs doing to the Farmyard, it's simple and fulfills the role easily, and it makes for a perfect escape for young families... So it's more than likely I will willingly end up summering there with future sprogs whilst you're all on a meet :p

Katanga Canyon as it suits the area that it's in via landscape, and all the extras such as food and games are blended in to fit well. From the wood queuelines to it's jungely atmostphere, it really can be a themeing playground. Queuelines are hidden not to spoil themeing views and the area has it's own cosy vibe.

I think Gloomy Wood is the best themed area, simply because it is completely surrounded by trees which gives the area a claustrophobic feel, and the exterior of Duel is absolutely brilliantly themed. There are also other touches like the gravestones and the railed coffin, and also the themed photobooth and huge foreboding gates. I think if that area were to be expanded then it would be the best in the park.

Forbidden Valley and CCL.

I know everyone else hates CCL but I love the place! Just for the atmosphere and the randomness.

FV I like because of the way all the theming meshes together (Air is in it's own little area within an area kind of thing) and it has the massive pit for Nemmy.

I like Cloud Cuckoo Land too, I think the random quirkiness of it, with the mushrooms and flowers really captures the 'escapism' feel that the park strives to achieve.

Best themed areas

I like the *idea* of CCL - however it falls short of what it could be like in my opinion...

Got to be Old McDonalds Farm for me. That area never fails to impress me (with the obvious exception of the dung heap).

As said above the idea of Cloud Cuckoo Land is a good one just in areas it doesn't really meet expectations and with the recent addition of Ice Age it seems a little bit of a miss matched theme.

forbidden valley,the Air side is like a deserted oasis and the other side terrifying with Nemesis and Ripsaw.Ripsaw in my opinion is the best themed Top Spin