• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best way to get to Alton Towers from Stoke-on-Trent

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
Hello, what is the best way to get to alton towers from stoke-on-trent railway station during scarefest, as me and my mates want to go but are unsure how to get there.

hobohippie95 said:
Hello, what is the best way to get to alton towers from stoke-on-trent railway station during scarefest, as me and my mates want to go but are unsure how to get there.

Best way is from Stoke to Uttoxeter, then from there either a taxi to the park or the First 32A bus (£5 return).

There are plenty of buses between Uttoxeter station and the resort, but you just need to be careful, as First do have reliability issues.

Stoke is just as easy! The stop is right across the road from the station, and the official AT bus picks you up at 9.27am during the week. It doesn't look like AT have released the bus timetable for Scarefest yet, though.

There is pretty much no more official buses from stoke. And I think only one that goes straight to the resort, You can either head to Hanley bus station, then Alton towers from there which can take almost 2 hours sometimes in total or train to uttox as everyone says,

Taxis cost anywhere between £20-30, so if there is 4 or more of you that's not to bad and is the fastest way to get to the resort, but they are tricky with price, so it's probably best to pre book one then you have a definite price.

JamesDLD said:
There are plenty of buses between Uttoxeter station and the resort, but you just need to be careful, as First do have reliability issues.

Buses from Uttox to Towers run every two hours. If the train is more than a few minutes late the bus doesn't wait. If there are a few of you could be an idea to pre-book a taxi from Uttox and agree on a price.

Also, don't bother with the Uttox route on a Sunday. First train wont get you there until about 3pm

Vik said:
JamesDLD said:

Buses from Uttox to Towers run every two hours. If the train is more than a few minutes late the bus doesn't wait. If there are a few of you could be an idea to pre-book a taxi from Uttox and agree on a price.

Also, don't bother with the Uttox route on a Sunday. First train wont get you there until about 3pm

I looked to see if I could get to beyong derby from stoke this sunday and found the first train from stoke isn't until 14:20ish!

As mentioned, the bus doesn't wait, I missed it by 3 mins and had to wait for the next one. Thankfully a 'Spoons is on hand.

Walk, the buses are useless! No seriously getting the bus will drive you insane, but its the cheapest way. Taxis do run, but expect to pay at least £15 each way from Stoke

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4