• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best Wooden Coaster in Europe?

For me it's Troy hands down love that ride even in the rain it's a brilliant coaster, haven't tried Wodan (yet) and important to note typically I skip wooden coasters because the ones at Blackpool put me off them but when I was at Toverland a few months ago I thought why not give it a go as it's a GCI and if blew me away and made my top 10 and got a lot of laps on it.

Wicker man, Heidi, Joris and the dragon I found all enjoyable although they are all family orientated.

I think Wodan. Often feel it’s a bit short but is relentless from start to finish. I like Troy too but it can be a bit rough. Have a soft spot for Joris. Can feel a bit bland in the morning, but when it warms up it’s pretty mad. Night rides I’ve had on this have been pretty good.

Having ridden Thunder today at Tusenfryd, have to say this feels like what would happen if Bandit and Stampida came together and mated. It was awful and painfully rough. Some good air time though. I did have a second go, after a torrential downpour. I wish I hadn’t.

Wodan is excellent and worthy of the title when it’s running fast.

Honourable mention however for Tonnerre de Zeus (pre Timberliners at any rate. I haven’t ridden since the change, but my experience of TLs on other coasters are far from positive…)

If Cu Chulainn wasn’t as rough as it was with those dreadful timberliners, it would be a contender. But as it stands, it’s definitely Wodan for me.

Wodan wins it for me.

I’ve been on most of Europe’s woodies and I have to say that Stampida, especially the blue track is outrageously under rated, especially since the track improvements that got made a few years back.

Have you been on it (Stampida) recently? Last year both sides were riding like a shopping trolley down a 1 in 3 hill.

I’ve just come off of my first ride on Balder and that’s easily my favourite wooden coaster I’ve ridden. Admittedly I’ve not gone on some of the big hitters yet like Wodan or Troy yet but I thought that Balder easily bested Wicker Man and its first drop is fantastic and it actually reminded me a little of Untamed of places.

As for guilty pleasure woodies I’m very fond of Loup Garou. Yes, the first drop will brutally wind you on your initial ride as the bar slams in to your stomach, but once you learn where to brace yourself on it you realise that it’s a bit of wild ride with some great airtime if you can handle it’s bite.

As for guilty pleasure woodies I’m very fond of Loup Garou. Yes, the first drop will brutally wind you on your initial ride as the bar slams in to your stomach, but once you learn where to brace yourself on it you realise that it’s a bit of wild ride with some great airtime if you can handle it’s bite.

I’m glad it’s not just me! I was really surprised by Loup Garou and thoroughly enjoyed it, but feel like it’s never really talked about. It’s not going to set the world alight by any means, but I thought it was a solid ride.

Similar with Robin Hood/Boobshaker.