• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool New Merlin Attraction

general election uk GIF by BBC

It'll be the canned Gruffalo attraction which was intended to go where Peter Rabbit is.
Is there anything known about what that was supposed to be? Would be ironic if it was similar to the Peter Rabbit one.

I asked the people running the b and b last weekend if they had any idea and they reckoned it was a Shrek adventure thing like in London.

A gruffalo one surely wouldn't make any sense as its target audience must be the same age range as Peter Rabbit.

Shrek would be a decent addition, which complemented the other offerings. Or are there any other Dreamworks IPs which might fit?

A gruffalo one surely wouldn't make any sense as its target audience must be the same age range as Peter Rabbit.
That's exactly why it does make sense, as it means people will pay for multiple attractions or get a combi ticket ala the midways in London, Birmingham and Manchester. Plus the theming is already half made from when they were going to put it into the Peter Rabbit unit, so it makes sense from a cost perspective rather than starting from scratch with a new theme.

It'll be the canned Gruffalo attraction which was intended to go where Peter Rabbit is.

I went on the Gruffalo water ride at Chessington last week and I was rather pleasantly surprised! It's quite decent. I've not had reason to try it before but I now have a toddler niece and she loved it.