• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach daytrip via train?

Apologies for the late response @RicketyCricket; genuinely forgot to reply!

I think I've decided against doing it for now, though; as others said, I think it would probably be a lot of stress for a very short park day if I were to attempt it in one day, and I'm not sure that I'm quite confident enough at travelling to go that far North on my own at this stage.

That's not to say I'm not going to try and do some lone theme park travelling in 2022; as I've said, I'm going to try and take the train to Drayton Manor in 2022, as that park can be reached via a direct train to Wilnecote in less than 2 hours from my local station. The walk to the park itself also looks like one I can easily handle; it's around 40 minutes, and it looks fairly walkable (in terms of things like there being adequate public footpaths the whole way), as well as nice and calm in terms of crowds and general atmosphere. And besides, I haven't been to Drayton since 2018, and I'd like to give Apocalypse a send-off before it goes, if that rumour is true! There's also other things at Drayton I never rode on my first visit, so when combined with the fairly easy transport, it should hopefully be a really good day!

I could well attempt Blackpool via public transport at some point in the future, but as I'm not currently the most confident lone traveller, and as I'd ideally want to confine any lone trip to one day for the time being, I think I'd probably prefer to walk before I run in regard to lone travelling; jumping from the 30-minute direct (well, mostly direct anyway; I do change in Gloucester on occasion) train to Cheltenham and 25-minute quiet walk to university (the current extent of my lone travels on public transport) to the 4-hour indirect train to Blackpool North and the hour long walk through a busy Blackpool is quite a big jump, whereas the 1h 40m direct train to Wilnecote and the 40-minute quiet walk to Drayton is less of a jump. I think it would make me more comfortable if I eased myself gently into lone theme park travelling than if I jumped straight off the deep end with a huge day trip up North, as it were. I enjoyed my first lone theme park day at Thorpe last year and I can handle the train to university fine, so why wouldn't I enjoy a day at Drayton on public transport?

And besides, if I can still get to Blackpool this season with my parents like my mum suggested, I would still get a 2022 BPB visit, and most probably a more enjoyable one at that, as we'd probably stay in a hotel and have a fuller park day!

Do you get what I mean? Sorry if I sound slightly irrational...
I might be going to Thorpe in April as my parents have been invited to an 80th birthday party, and it's a 3hr drive from where I live, so we'll probably need to stay in a hotel the night before. We were originally going to just do a day as the party is from 12pm, but as the venue is just 10 mins from Thorpe I might as well go to Thorpe with my sister and her bf while our parents are at the party. :)

They are just going to double-check that it's just them (when they can get hold of our uncle) before we sort out the logistics. Fingers crossed lol. :p

I've done Blackpool by train before. It ended up with the British Transport Police meeting the train at Blackpool North after a fight broke out on board.

Definitely recommend a hotel, then I'd say depending on your interests finding an attraction to spend a bit of time in before travelling home.