• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Since the news broke there have been hundreds of posts about the wild mouse closure. Nothing in the icon thread !!!!

Anyway, moving on....

We now have a big space where trauma towers and Wild mouse stood. Could we see a new coaster in that space ?

South park could do with something new now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Since the news broke there have been hundreds of posts about the wild mouse closure. Nothing in the icon thread !!!!

Anyway, moving on....

We now have a big space where trauma towers and Wild mouse stood. Could we see a new coaster in that space ?

South park could do with something new now.

There is actually a lot of space there now, especially if Bowladrome goes as well.

Mack Big Dipper or RMC Raptor please.

It wouldn't surprise me if they get a small large-scale to replace Wild Mouse, Like an RMC Raptor or Mack BigDipper, I think they would fit into the space where Trauma Towers and Wild Mouse were.

However if BPB don't want to get another coaster right away after Icon I could see them building a flat ride like an Intamin Gyroswing or Zamperla Giant Discovery.

Surely that would be way too complicated with it being connected to W&G etc?

Besides, River Caves doesn't give them many problems.
Oh I don't know. I was severely splashed on my left arm last time I rode it. Someone call h&s !!

River Caves' will still be operating once the redevelopment of the Mouse/Trauma Towers/Fountain area has been completed, if the Bowl-A-Drome is removed as well (which at this point seems pretty likely), we are looking at a huge space for redevelopment within the Pleasure Beach.

I am going to predict that the fountain area will see a big overhaul for the 2019 season and then a new ride project will come after that which will hopefully go in the place of the Bowl-A-Drome.

It will no doubt create plenty of speculation.

River Caves' will still be operating once the redevelopment of the Mouse/Trauma Towers/Fountain area has been completed, if the Bowl-A-Drome is removed as well (which at this point seems pretty likely), we are looking at a huge space for redevelopment within the Pleasure Beach.

I am going to predict that the fountain area will see a big overhaul for the 2019 season and then a new ride project will come after that which will hopefully go in the place of the Bowl-A-Drome.

You saying that River Caves will not be open this season?

Taken with a pinch of salt of course.

I took this photo of the condition of Wild Mouse back in October 2017, at this time the ride had been SBNO for over a month.

38850262504_9996049b4f_b.jpg

38850261794_9522041e37_b.jpg

(Second photo provided for context)

During this time, the park claimed the ride was "closed due to maintenance."

I took this photo of the condition of Wild Mouse back in October 2017, at this time the ride had been SBNO for over a month.

38850262504_9996049b4f_b.jpg

38850261794_9522041e37_b.jpg

(Second photo provided for context)

During this time, the park claimed the ride was "closed due to maintenance."
Unfortunately backs up @rob666 report back then that the mouse was no more.

The park clearly wouldn’t spend money on the maintenance that was claimed to be happening if it was being removed. Obvious now the removal was planned last season. No doubt BPB press would of kept this quiet until the first WOW weekend.

I bet management aren’t happy, the only way to get that removal photo is from inside the park isn’t it? A check on Google Streeview shows that photo of the mouse removed was taken from the gate by Kentucky Derby.

Last edited:
The park clearly wouldn’t spend money on the maintenance that was claimed to be happening if it was being removed. Obvious now the removal was planned last season. No doubt BPB press would of kept this quiet until the first WOW weekend.

It does make me wonder, after all, announcing it had been removed might damage advance wristband or season pass sales for the new season, and the park's rushed statement (released yesterday) has clearly displayed a lack of understanding for the number of people for whom Wild Mouse held very special memories.

This in particular is a disgraceful lie;

39178627491_5f92a38e61_c.jpg

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/thrill-seekers/

I bet management aren’t happy, the only way to get that photo is from inside the park isn’t it?
My photos (above) were taken whilst the park was open to guests in October last year, however I do know that the Mouse was and has always been visible from various locations outside the park - people were obviously going to realise it wasn't there!

I don't think there was much doubt that the decision was taken high up in September.

The park will claim different of course.

It does make me wonder, after all, announcing it had been removed might damage advance wristband or season pass sales for the new season, and the park's rushed statement (released yesterday) has clearly displayed a lack of understanding for the number of people for whom Wild Mouse held very special memories.

This in particular is a disgraceful lie;

39178627491_5f92a38e61_c.jpg

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/thrill-seekers/

My photos (above) were taken whilst the park was open to guests in October last year, however I do know that the Mouse was and has always been visible from various locations outside the park - people were obviously going to realise it wasn't there!

Apologies @Jamie no questioning over your photo but the photo that showed the removal.

It has been brought to my attention that someone has taken screenshots of my earlier comment about "mass suicide" - something that I didn't think needed explaining as an obvious joke - and plastered it in to a "secret facebook group", then said I should kill myself.

What they hell is it with people in this hobby that makes them incapable of understanding the concept of using black humour to lighten the mood in dark times‽

Whoever you are, be careful what you wish for mate. You never know when you may end up regretting pressing the wrong button on the wrong person.

Yet another reason why I don't do social media...didn't even know you could have secret groups.
Will send you a secret message in the Courtyard Tavern Diogo, but I will pass it quietly under the table, so to speak.
Not really appropriate for this thread.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.