• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I guess the old Coasters is next to be flattened?

easid-517667-media-id-35946-445-250.jpg

Following the demolition of the pub, a five-storey, four-star hotel and conference centre is planned for the site, while the adjacent Coasters Diner will be refurbished and relaunched as a 150-cover restaurant and bar within the Pleasure Park, which is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the UK. - TheCaterer.com

Initially, the plan was to demolish Coasters but it is seemingly now included in the plan.

The worst queues of all were in the "All rides 50p" days.
No paid entry, early season, and if it was sunny, it seemed the whole of Lancashire had turned out with butties and watered down bottles of cordial.
Every last inch of the park rammed, but back then, they seemed to run all the rides at full capacity, four on the Nash, and two on everything else...because it made them more money.
The kids I took grumbled that we only got on three rides all day, PMBO was a two hour queue on 2 trains, right round to what was the Space Invader.
And I hate to admit it, but I can remember all rides 10p.
As in two old shillings.

Spent a few hours on park today. All good - operations fairly good. Icon looks phenomenal in the sunshine..

If anyone wants one of the limited edition Icon posters (on the back of the early run of maps), drop me a PM with your address and will happily send one as long as you don't flog it.

cpZYU05.jpg

Last edited:
Usually the first sunny weekend of the season it is very busy, how were the queues Rick?
I didn't ride much to be honest. The park did feel quite busy but queues were more than manageable.

Nash was out just beyond where the booth was. Big One was inside the station on two, Valhalla 10 mins. Slowest moving queue was ghost train on 9 cars.

Good to see them recognise the need for capacity, three weeks into the season.

I’ll give them the first two weekends. Nice to see a recognition of the throughput problems. Plus, I see they’re now doing breakfasts at the same price as Wetherspoons. Slow improvements, but in the right direction.

Ace morning in the sun and cold this morning.
Think I spotted Icon's chrome airgates close to the Big One brake run.
Queued up for Big One back seat, followed by Mr Sandbrooke...must say in the three times I have met him this year he has been an absolute gent.
Most rides had short queues, likewise the bars.
Really good company all round the park, lots of coaster freaks about the park from assorted clubs, and staff members catching up with gossip.
Bernard now sells fine northern pies on the bar at fy4, he even heat tested it, then ran off to the microwave... at the northern price of £2:25, so I managed half of cider and a really good hand and belly warming pie, for less than four guineas.
Bargain.
Ended up staring at Icon track from all the other rides.
Bless you Bernard, good company today, wish it was weekday opening.
Ten out of ten for a cold Sunday morning.

I wish I could muster up the enthusiasm to go to BPB once before the ride opens, just to see it, let alone weekly.

Glad Icon is coming along nicely. That ride is going to be head and shoulders better than anything else there.

Bring it on.

:)

Do you have any photos?
No, sorry
I wish I could muster up the enthusiasm to go to BPB once before the ride opens, just to see it, let alone weekly.

Glad Icon is coming along nicely. That ride is going to be head and shoulders better than anything else there.

Bring it on.

Home park, enjoy it for the company as much as the rides, though I usually get most of the coasters on a three hour visit.
Infusion is the only way to clear your hangover on a Sunday morning.
The park is a lot cleaner and safer than it used to be.
People watching at its best as well.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned earlier in the thread, but BPB now have a range of lovely pin badges costing on £2.95 each whilst being on offer at 3 for 2. Helped myself to 3 yesterday and will likely get more later in the year. There seemed to be some pretty nice merchandise actually, better than recent offerings at Towers.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.