• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Has anyone seen this on their Vampire Beach 2018 webpage?

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/whats-on/vampire-pleasure-beach/

29724016667_529d9989f1_b.jpg

It's like they want to be criticised :tearsofjoy:

Don't need to book, but it can get very busy, depending on the weather.
Speedypass use makes things a bit messy...queues that look like half an hour can be over an hour.
Good atmosphere though.

Weekend was mentioned the other day.
And I really can't see it taking a week to drop the old monorail station...couple of hours work at the most.
Good excuse for a big ride closure.

It's utterly ridiculous that PB are still selling 2018 season passes for £189 on their website. They should be knocking these out at £75 max now. They may even sell a few if they did that.

As for 2019 I am hoping it won't go over £100 for a renewal, if it does then that will probably count me out.

Sort of think they undervalued the season pass with them charging only £80 renewal price last year. Especially with no black out dates and the park being open every day from easter to November. Think in previous years I've paid between £100-£150 for a season pass.

It's utterly ridiculous that PB are still selling 2018 season passes for £189 on their website. They should be knocking these out at £75 max now. They may even sell a few if they did that.

As for 2019 I am hoping it won't go over £100 for a renewal, if it does then that will probably count me out.

Agree with this. I wouldn't go much over £100. They should realise that people will factor travel, food, etc into the overall cost. If you live around the corner from the park, then paying a little more for a season pass maybe isn't that big a deal after all. Really don't see why this late on in the season, they don't offer a bargain end of season pass for the last month or so. Sport clubs for example I know will give a discount if you join late on in the year. Can't see anybody forking out £189 for a few weeks of riding and I wonder why their staff don't think of things like this.

Sort of think they undervalued the season pass with them charging only £80 renewal price last year. Especially with no black out dates and the park being open every day from easter to November. Think in previous years I've paid between £100-£150 for a season pass.

Well someone had to be 'that guy.' Shout it from the rooftops, "WE'RE NOT PAYING ENOUGH! CHARGE US MORE!" Don't give them ideas!

On a totally unrelated point, out of curiosity, are the airgates on Nash on some kind of timer or are they manually shut by the staff? I ask because they really don't stay open for long at all. Its a bit tight when there are a few empty rows on the coaster, then as people just get through the scanner, they spot the empty rows and then have the gates shut on them. Dipper is way better in this regard. The other day I got waved through for the final empty row, when on Nash the gates would have been shut in my face before I had chance to board.

On a totally unrelated point, out of curiosity, are the airgates on Nash on some kind of timer or are they manually shut by the staff? I ask because they really don't stay open for long at all. Its a bit tight when there are a few empty rows on the coaster, then as people just get through the scanner, they spot the empty rows and then have the gates shut on them. Dipper is way better in this regard. The other day I got waved through for the final empty row, when on Nash the gates would have been shut in my face before I had chance to board.
I've noticed this, it seems silly to send so many empty seats on the National when they take so long to send anyway (on four), there shouldn't be empty rows going out. It'd be fine if Nash could send trains before the others are back, but as there's the delay anyway they could at least make sure all rows are filled to keep queues to a minimum.

I'd pay an extra twenty quid on my season pass if it meant they could actually keep the east entrance open every day.
Would save me that in shoe leather.
I would also pay considerably more if it meant permanent year round contracts and all staff paid the living wage.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.