Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by John, 13th Jun 2012.

1. Chaykin

Chaykin TowersStreet Member

Also haven't received an email even though I have been a Platinum Pass holder for the last 3 years. Had to renew over the phone.

2. Coaster

Coaster TowersStreet Member

Didn't receive an email despite being told I'd been added to the mailing list for their season passes.

3. Ash84

Ash84 -

Not on Sunday you weren't bud, the nearest we went to BPB was an attempt to do the Haunted Crypt, however it was closed. Like I said above, Luke has very little interest in doing the same park two days running.

rob666 likes this.
  4. D4n

D4n TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Didn't renew. Actually feel the Merlin pass is better value at the moment (as much as there's a lot to complain about with them) - even at the renewal rate the pass is hugely overpriced for a single park with few passholder perks.

5. ScottPBE

ScottPBE TowersStreet Member

Renewed my pass, makes sense even if I was only to visit during PBE event weekenders.

I got great value out of my pass as ever, in truth I broke even on it by mid March, not sure I'll visit as much in the early months of 2019 though given there'll be no construction updates to cover.

6. monkeyboy

monkeyboy TowersStreet Member

I’m surprised you don’t get good discount with all the good publicity you give them

7. Unicorns_are_lovely

Unicorns_are_lovely TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    nemesis
    Me neither! I renewed on park in the end ...it's like they don't want our money :D

8. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

Good job I didnt clout you round the head then isn't it.
    Could of sworn it was you with a young early teens lad.

Ash84 likes this.
  9. Ash84

Ash84 -

Now that would have been hilarious!

But no, definitely wasn't me my friend.

IanSR likes this.
  10. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

I'm going to pleasure beach tomoz so wondering how busy you guys think it'll be?

11. MakoMania

MakoMania TowersStreet Member

Big One was a 3 hour queue on the same day last year (running one train, as per usual at BPB), still had a good time though.

12. Dipper_Dave

Dipper_Dave TowersStreet Member

Same day last year was heaving. Ended up having a tram ride / pier walk with my brother as we simply could’ve be bothered to spend all day queuing. Didn’t go anywhere near The Big One for reasons already mentioned.

Also bar final Sunday which I don’t think is generally that busy, it’s the last few days for people to use undated vouchers / eBay wristbands etc. It’s end of half term for some schools and end of illuminations so expect it to be pretty busy

13. Ethan

Ok thanks guys for responding. Has anyone got any tips as to what order to do the rides in to make sure I get on everything?

14. Ash84

Ash84 -

Pray.

My advise would be hit the Big One early, then be sure to do the Steeplechase while it's about 10ft away from the exit and also Sky force.

From there I'd do the Revolution and Avalanche, by which point it may well be very busy. I'd leave the Streak and the Nash till later, they will be the only coaster open 9-10 and with people starting to take up position for the fireworks I'd hit them then. They will also be running a lot better after a 12 hour day than first thing in the morning.

15. Ethan

My 8 priorities are big one, icon, infusion, revolution, avalanche, big dipper, grand national and ice blast

16. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Leave Icon til later. If they've got all 3 trains on the queue will shift very quick.

Ash84 and Coaster like this.
  17. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    Icon is much better in the afternoon. I wouldn't even bother in the morning.

Ash84, RicketyCricket and Coaster like this.
  18. Ash84

Ash84 -

I implore you to do the Steeplechase. It's the only one in the world and whilst not the most thrilling thing in the world......should we arrive in 2019 and find it gone you'd almost certainly regrets it (and BPB are known to pulling such strokes.)

Also, enough people rate the Streak above the Nash or Dipper to make it worth a go. Don't just dismiss it because it's in Nick Land, between 1933-2009 it was just as much in BPB as the other are.

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  19. Ethan

Ye I'll defo do the streak aswell. Not bothered bout steeplechase but guess I may aswell. Looking forward to icon so much

20. Coaster

Coaster TowersStreet Member

There's no reason to rush straight to Icon, it's usually the best queue shifter on park these days. Make sure you do the unique rides like Steeplechase, they are what makes BPB different to other parks.

Rojo and Dipper_Dave like this.