• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Ten pounds off for season pass holders.
But no...I don't do scare stuff, the ride staff are enough.
And sorry Rick, I forgot to count the light bulbs on the dome.
Excuse to get one last visit in at the weekend.
Fireworks don't look likely with the winds forecast.
Again.

Well it is almost the end of another year so why not start the closed season rumour mill off early.....

Amanda has recently tweeted.....
"here's to 2020 and #HEXPRESS the new addition"

Probably nothing to do with a new ride but we may as well start speculating, there's not much else to do in the winter months !!

Just confirms what I and others have already said. PB is a great place run by complete amateurs. Didn't have the slightest bit of confidence they'd get this event right and low and behold it was a total disaster. Glad I didn't bother.

It's actually a perfect location for a good Scare event though as I think old amusement parks can be very eerie at night. They should have just gone for 3-4 proper mazes dotted around the park and built from there. Don't try and think too big when you haven't got the experience to do it.

Well it is almost the end of another year so why not start the closed season rumour mill off early.....

Amanda has recently tweeted.....
"here's to 2020 and #HEXPRESS the new addition"

Probably nothing to do with a new ride but we may as well start speculating, there's not much else to do in the winter months !!

Does anyone have any idea what HEXPRESS might be?

Hogworts Express

Slight letter change like a gocci bag. Make it affordable by avoiding that IP.

It's an epic scale retheme of the train ride, and reopening of the other platform.

Sounds very plausible. Not sure it will be on an "epic scale" but it will be interesting to see what they do.

No idea what is being alluded to in that tweet. Maybe something small on the way for next year. The season we should be looking forward to is 2021!

There is absolutely no chance Pleasure Beach have the space nor money for anything from B&M's catalogue, never mind even a baby dive machine for that matter.

Amanda Thompson and her PA built the new hotel all by themselves - without any help. She even designed the chairs herself. It's hard not to be impressed.

https://www.iaapa.org/news/funworld/great-british-icon

Apparently it looked a bit like this:

I'm still reading the article, but the next section's called, 'A family affair', so I think I'm about to read some juicy gossip.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no chance Pleasure Beach have the space nor money for anything from B&M's catalogue, never mind even a baby dive machine for that matter.
Space - yes they do. The absolutely do.

Station behind Loki's. Lift hill and first drop in the Balmoral Road car park. a few high-g banked hills weaving around the Ice Shot, Derby Racer and Flying machines before a massive airtime hill up and over Watson Road between the Ice Arena and Grommit. A few High-g turns around PBE, Revelution before diving into the monorail trench under the Big One before rising into a mid-course above Icons [what might be a] helix. A banked air-time drop towards Avalanche before a tight turn before rising up and over [the now nameless] arcade. A diving turn into the car-park before an airtime hill back over the arcade and down towards the old Trauma Towers area. A final air-time hill and the track will pass between the White Tower and Globe back to the station. All areas should have space for B&M Tubular supports. Not that I've thought about it....

I’ve said it before but a dive coaster at BPB would be immense. They can go one better than the one trick pony Oblivion and get something like Sheikra.
Ooh, I'd love a BPB dive coaster if it were like SheiKra! Oblivion is a good ride, but SheiKra is immense; still one of my top 5 coasters even 3 years after riding it!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.