• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yea.
Front and back row in a gasmask and gimp suit.
Again.

That kind of attire is not appreciated near the South Pier. Get back above Central Pier and back to Ma Kelly's :p

Stumbled across this picture from Liverpool Cathedral with a familiar looking tower and roller coaster in the distance :)

1v9pu48j5nn41.jpg

Three postcards from the centenary collection, I think there were more than three, but I have hundreds and hundreds, so not been through them all in a while - making the most of lockdown... Some of them were sold for quite a while in the various hidey-hole shops that existed back then, maybe as late as 2002 or so on Ocean Boulevard. Do you have any others @Dipper_Dave ?

Note
  • The Egg Scrambler on the former Monster pad, previously among the Steeplechase/Big Bipper turnaround, moved for construction of the Go Karts in '96. It was in this location for only for one season before being sent to Southport as 'Tagada' to make way for Playstation.
  • Four cars on the Big Dipper, which made for a very long train
  • Also the Water Chute, I miss the Water Chute.

TheCarousel_BlackpoolPleasureBeach_CentenaryPostcards_1.jpg

TheCarousel_BlackpoolPleasureBeach_CentenaryPostcards_2.jpg

TheCarousel_BlackpoolPleasureBeach_CentenaryPostcards_3.jpg

Do you think pleasure beach will do anything for season pass holders if the park remains shut for a big chunk of the season ?

There is something on their website about it...
"We value you as a season pass holder and will keep you updated with information to ensure you receive the full benefit from your 2020 season pass purchase."

As it stands my one visit is looking quite an expensive one.

On the plus side I am avoiding my round :)

Tricky for them to decide what to do at the moment, as it isn't clear when they would be able to open again.

I imagine that money is currently paying for their ongoing costs, utilities, security, wages etc.,. so refunds seem unlikely.
Saying "tough, suck it up" would create huge bad will, just when they need goodwill and confidence from the public gatherings in leisure to return.

I would guess an extension for the number of closed weeks, then a renewal offer for the rest of 2021 through to the end of 2022 at a good renewal price.

Tricky for them to decide what to do at the moment, as it isn't clear when they would be able to open again.

I imagine that money is currently paying for their ongoing costs, utilities, security, wages etc.,. so refunds seem unlikely.
Saying "tough, suck it up" would create huge bad will, just when they need goodwill and confidence from the public gatherings in leisure to return.

I would guess an extension for the number of closed weeks, then a renewal offer for the rest of 2021 through to the end of 2022 at a good renewal price.

Yes, I was thinking they may possibly do an extension to the pass into 2021, depending on how long it remains closed.

I can't see them doing refunds, even if it is shut all season.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach presented punters with a huge range of merchandise for Project 2000, billed as Valhalla on opening.

Here are two postcards sold during the early seasons. In the first shot, the recently completed ride’s frontage is adorned by fireworks. In the second, the quad photo has a number of interesting features (clockwise, from top left).
  • This scene is barely visible from the boats. Until the 2020 refurb, the scene was (just) visible after the right hand turn at the top of lift two (the right hand Mjölnir is visible at the base of the frame).
  • Posing for the photo, a group of riders are inexplicably ‘enjoying’ their glacial run through the station
  • Members of the 235 Club (the club formed to celebrate the launch of the Pepsi Max Big One) are the riders in this shot.
  • The newly completely facade with a fully functioning waterfall. In 2001, modifications were made to restrict the width of the waterfall, requiring less water to complete the effect. The Cableway is visible, in its final operating season.
TheCarousel_ValhallaHype_Postcards_1.jpg

TheCarousel_ValhallaHype_Postcards_2.jpg

More stuff here.

Last edited:
Do you think pleasure beach will do anything for season pass holders if the park remains shut for a big chunk of the season ?

There is something on their website about it...
"We value you as a season pass holder and will keep you updated with information to ensure you receive the full benefit from your 2020 season pass purchase."

As it stands my one visit is looking quite an expensive one.

On the plus side I am avoiding my round :)

I don’t know about the Blackpool pass but Drayton Manor emailed me to say as soon as they can fully open again the pass will run 12 months from then.

So I guess if this goes on much longer it could be a two year closing of Valhalla?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Covid-19 – Information for Guests
Due to the coronavirus situation we have made the extremely difficult decision to postpone Hot Ice Euphoria. We are very disappointed about this but see no other choice.

The show will return in summer 2021 and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to Pleasure Beach Arena to see it. Opening night will be 8th July 2021 and the show will run until 11th September 2021.

For those who have already purchased tickets for Hot Ice Euphoria we are offering guests the opportunity to simply transfer your tickets to a date of your choice in 2021. There is no need to do anything now. Simply keep a reference or details of your booking and when we are able to re-open the box office we will begin the process of transferring your tickets to a date of your choice. Don’t worry, we will be in touch with you, as soon as we are able to.

By transferring your ticket to an alternative date next year, we thank you for supporting the arts and helping us to continue to keep live entertainment and the art of performance alive

Thank you once again for your support of the arts and entertainment sector in these challenging times.
Hot Ice cancelled as per the website!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.