• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Pleasure Beach's research involves turning off wristband scanners and pretending they're "broken" so the ridership of certain rides looks lower on the data sheet - I wouldn't give it too much time.

(Take the above with a pinch of salt but I do have my reasons for believing this!)

Put down the tin foil hats lads.

If there ever was a conspiracy why would they even bother asking said questions in a survey? They can ask whatever they want. They’re not Merlin.

Besides, attendance levels demonstrate the demand better than any survey and in all the times I’ve visited it’s patently not there. And yes I’m including Vampire Beach.

The only thing that keeps a large contingent of people there is the fireworks.

Large numbers of wristband scanners are broken or faulty Jamie...usual BPB maintenance is the problem there.
And all these years telling the Beach what they should be doing Ash...and they still don't listen to you.
Simply too lazy to keep the park open into the evening...that's a good un!
Let's make a million quid by staying open when most people have gone home...
Na, can be bothered, Eastenders is on in an hour.

Besides, attendance levels demonstrate the demand better than any survey and in all the times I’ve visited it’s patently not there. And yes I’m including Vampire Beach.

The reason attendance levels are down is due to the entry system, not a lack of demand for the product.

Rob, with all due respect, you have no idea what I have 'told' BPB. I used to be in plenty of meetings with them when I helped Scott with the CBPE events, and sometimes those meetings became heated, and BPB did at times try feed us a banquet of bull, like the time the said they can't do late nights due to the BBH being too near the park.

The management of the park (management not owners) I honestly believe don't care about the park, profit or much else. If they had a active manager patrolling the park to ensure standards are being meet and questioning anyone who is seen slacking things would be different.

Amanda has even said she wants the park open more for God's sake.

How come Amanda wants the park open more often, but she gets overruled? I would have thought Amanda would have full say on what happens, given that she is the head of Pleasure Beach!

How come Amanda wants the park open more often, but she gets overruled? I would have thought Amanda would have full say on what happens, given that she is the head of Pleasure Beach!
I would imagine the board of directors makes decisions as a whole, so all of them round a table each voting yes or no.

The thing is, Amanda employees people to worry about business decisions like opening times, and the balancing of the books, she still spends a lot of time in the arena. I honestly think if she actually saw the speed of some of the queues and the state of the prom at closing times on certain afternoon's she would send her management team to have their heads tested.

Amanda has said she wants later openings, but the demand isn’t there. It’s not that she’s been overruled, she overtly stated that it wouldn’t work. It’s clear they’ve explored it and established it wouldn’t work.

Amanda has said she wants later openings, but the demand isn’t there. It’s not that she’s been overruled, she overtly stated that it wouldn’t work. It’s clear they’ve explored it and established it wouldn’t work.
Ah right. Thanks @venny!

Put down the tin foil hats lads.

If there ever was a conspiracy why would they even bother asking said questions in a survey? They can ask whatever they want. They’re not Merlin.

No, that's wrong. BPB held the late night riding events for a few years before fireworks were introduced (this is still fairly recently so the same market trends etc), and it was still just as busy at 10pm as it had been all day. In fact I'd go as far to say that more people leave early because of the fireworks, due to most of the rides closing earlier than they would otherwise.

I remember visiting Blackpool many moons ago (before the days when you had to pay to enter the park) that the park use to open late after dark during the illuminations as standard each day, and this was mid week

Surveys, research, actual late openings.

Remember before the fireworks were introduced, most people were out the door well before park close.

Surrey's answered by people who are happy with the product on offer are no use here. That's like merlin wanting to know what people think of their products, so asking those who have held annual passes for the last 5 years, who are clearly happy. Ask those who used to visit but no longer do, the answers you get will be more beneficial as far as moving the business forward goes.

Late night opening's. OK. Well 4-5 years ago they opened the park on the last Saturday of the season 10-5 then re-opened 6-12am.

The first year they did it saw a very quiet day, and a absolutely rammed evening, the second year saw heavy rain, so all that tells me is they are foolish for doing this in November not the summer, but that demand is there for night time riding rather than day time.

Firework's aren't needed to keep people in the park, the only reason people stop entering the park is because closing time is approaching. That is true of any park, I dare say no one enters TP after 7pm, does that mean demand isnt there to stay open till 10?

Sorry chaps, we will never agree on this. Our experiences of the situations are entirely different.

That’s okay, but it’s why we hold different views.

I did. Distinctly remember being on PBE at 10pm and the place was dead.

I’ve had this discussion with a few people. Some have agreed and others suggest it was rammed. I can only say what we saw and we were distinctly concerned that they’d tried opening later and just not got the custom.

Whether that’s the eb and flow of the crowd, who knows, but they didn’t do it again after that.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.