• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Totally respect that a lot of people disagree with me on this one. It's just that for me the ride offers nothing but a series of painful lurches and a string of bruises that don't fade for several weeks. No thrills.

Furious Baco is quite a unique coaster but I would happily see it demolished tomorrow. For me, Steeplchase is very much in the same category, it isn't a heritage attraction, it's a semi-modern abomination and (as with Baco being the only one of its kind) there's good reason why only two were ever built.

Fair play to anybody who likes it though. I love The Ultimate so I'm not without sin.

I don’t overly enjoy Steeplechase either (to be honest, it’s probably my 3rd least favourite coaster on park behind Grand National and Infusion); reminds me of a wild mouse coaster with all the uncomfortable laterals, and I don’t think the riding position helps either (for clarity, I’m not a huge lover of wild mouse coasters).

However, it’s definitely unique, and many enjoy it, so I think it is worth keeping for as long as Blackpool want to keep it going for, personally. As I said, there’s also not a huge amount they could do with the area, and there are also areas that are already empty that the park could use before removing any other rides (for example, the Wild Mouse/Trauma Towers area, to name just one).

To those asking about next week: I think it’s safe to assume the park will be fairly busy. The tartan army may have retreated but my kids aren’t fully back til Tues 8 Sept.

Although being opened in 1977 makes Steeplechase only thee years older than the Corkscrew at Alton Towers, Steeplechase is a much more unique ride experience. I get its not as old as many other attractions, but it would be such a big hole in the variety of coasters worldwide if it went. How many rides can it actually be said that they are so unique worldwide?

Did Efteling used to be included in the annual pass? Still deciding whether to defer to next year as it looks like we won’t be doing our European road trip this year...I could have sworn Efteling was included last year!

Efteling was on the pass last year (I used it) and was advertised for this year as well. Seems to have been removed due to the current circumstances as Efteling is totally prebook only at the moment.

Hopefully it comes back.

I believe that all partner parks aren't accepting annual passes from other parks at the minute. We had that problem with Phantasialand and Efteling which aren't currently accepting the EP Clubcards.

Pleasure beach have released their opening times for 2021...

Weekend openings from the Feb 13th. Week day openings from the end of March.

Looks like the extra 10pm closes they put on this year were a success because they are doing the same next year.

12 late night riding days in total with 6 Saturdays in a row from Jul 24th.

Apr 3rd, May 1st, May 29th, Jul 24th, Jul 31st, Aug 7th, Aug 14th, Aug 21st, Aug 28th, Sep 25th, Oct 23rd, Oct 30th.

That is good to see but unfortunately they seem to be reducing the 7pm closes again, which are now only from the 25th of July to the 29th of August. All other dates are a mixture of 5pm and 6pm closes. I still think that if they are going to squeeze the hours of operation they should open later instead of closing earlier.

The park also seems to be randomly closed from Sat 2nd Oct to Tues 5th Oct. I am guessing this is an editing mistake and the park will actually be open. Or could something be happening ?

Last edited:
Pleasure beach have released their opening times for 2021...

Weekend openings from the Feb 13th. Week day openings from the end of March.

Looks like the extra 10pm closes they put on this year were a success because they are doing the same next year.

12 late night riding days in total with 6 Saturdays in a row from Jul 24th.

Apr 3rd, May 1st, May 29th, Jul 24th, Jul 31st, Aug 7th, Aug 14th, Aug 21st, Aug 28th, Sep 25th, Oct 23rd, Oct 30th.

That is good to see but unfortunately they seem to be reducing the 7pm closes again, which are now only from the 25th of July to the 29th of August. All other dates are a mixture of 5pm and 6pm closes. I still think that if they are going to squeeze the hours of operation they should open later instead of closing earlier.

The park also seems to be randomly closed from Sat 2nd Oct to Tues 5th Oct. I am guessing this is an editing mistake and the park will actually be open. Or could something be happening ?

I really don’t understand why UK parks decide their opening hours so far in advance beyond special events. I much prefer EP’s way of doing things where the decision is made on the day based on guest numbers.

With the UK model you can end up with a 7pm close on a rainy day and only 8,000 on park and a 5pm close on a scorcher of a day with 18,000 on park. It wastes money when the guests don’t turn up and therefore prevents them extending on busy days when they could earn more.

I really don’t understand why UK parks decide their opening hours so far in advance beyond special events. I much prefer EP’s way of doing things where the decision is made on the day based on guest numbers.

With the UK model you can end up with a 7pm close on a rainy day and only 8,000 on park and a 5pm close on a scorcher of a day with 18,000 on park. It wastes money when the guests don’t turn up and therefore prevents them extending on busy days when they could earn more.

I want to know if its 10-4 or 10-6 at least, but yes setting minimum hours is better. So saying 5pm and extending to 7pm is better than having to shorten the hours. But I don't want to consider a day out to find out a week before that its only a 4pm close.

I want to know if its 10-4 or 10-6 at least, but yes setting minimum hours is better. So saying 5pm and extending to 7pm is better than having to shorten the hours. But I don't want to consider a day out to find out a week before that its only a 4pm close.

For sure the minimum opening should be clear (EP’s pre-covid was 9.30-5.30).

For sure the minimum opening should be clear (EP’s pre-covid was 9.30-5.30).

Also this seems to be a definite Blackpool issue. Whereas Alton Towers sets shorter hours, but often extends in holidays and good weather days.

Did Efteling used to be included in the annual pass? Still deciding whether to defer to next year as it looks like we won’t be doing our European road trip this year...I could have sworn Efteling was included last year!

Efteling was on there for 2020, as I used it in February and have a leaflet from the park when I picked up the passes back then stating that it as a benefit.

It disappeared off the website benefits before Covid was a big deal; so I suspect they might not have continued the offer.

I was hoping it as be an accidental typo; but it isn't going to matter really for 2020, as it only worked on the day and you aren't allowed same day entries for the foreseeable.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.