• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think that’s what Drayton do well in there opening times. They list on the website that the park will close 5pm but around midday they decide to open the rides to maybe 6 or 7pm it also helps with the guests leaving the park as the younger guests families like to leave around 4ish as they tired/hungry so Thomas land rides are walk on then but the rest of the park is still busy.

I love Steeple chase, one of the reasons to visit Blackpool :)

The biggest problem I have with it is remembering the name... Having multiple rides named after horse races just confuses my memory.

One of the very best features of BPB is the wide variety of rides it has. Every visit is different, because it has rides like this. It isn't the best ride at the park, but removing it and replacing with a generic ride I can get at many parks dilutes the overall offering and removes part of the soul of the place, that makes BPB a unique park.

Do you know if its for maintenance or CBA ?

Website states "For the upcoming weekdays this week (Monday 7th Sept – Friday 11th Sept) there is an alteration on Nickelodeon Land and the following rides will be closed"

So whatever your interpretation of "alteration on Nick Land" is!

Website states "For the upcoming weekdays this week (Monday 7th Sept – Friday 11th Sept) there is an alteration on Nickelodeon Land and the following rides will be closed"

So whatever your interpretation of "alteration on Nick Land" is!

Rug Rats and Bus Tour also closed on certain days for the same reason.

I wonder what it could be ?

Spiral staircase to Streak put back in ?
Station altered so they can run 2 trains again ?
New fountain ?

Rug Rats and Bus Tour also closed on certain days for the same reason.

I wonder what it could be ?

Spiral staircase to Streak put back in ?
Station altered so they can run 2 trains again ?
New fountain ?
Streak had a spiral staircase?

Yes it was much easier to get to the ride when it was rollercoaster.

Great days them, so easy to get between Big Dipper and Rollercoaster.

I do miss all the little hidden bits like that around the park nowadays.

Can see why they did it to create a contained area for Nickland so people couldn't easily wander off or get lost.

The fantastic new service by train, London to Blackpool direct, started this year at considerable expense... has been scrapped.
Covid/lack of punters given as the excuse.
That's a shame, hopefully they'll bring it back sometime.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.