• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

BPB Nickelodeon Land 2021

TheBolt

TS Member
Assuming the deal was a standard 10 year window,
Spring 2021 will see Blackpool Pleasure Beach need to decide this areas future.

What do you think will happen?
Other Nickelodeon areas have arguably targeted a wider age range (Streak excepted),
so would Nickelodeon see BPB as a poor brand match?.
Is Nickelodeon still a relevant IP to market?
What would you want to happen?
Is it time for a rebranding?
Can Blackpool afford to retheme the rides?
What sensible improvements could go into the area?
For what it is worth, my bet is they will pay the money and sign up for another ten years, maybe retheming a couple of the rides where characters are no longer relevant.

Streak will be demolished and replaced with a portable fountain. Which is only turned on for the wow weekends and then SBNO the rest of the season.

The brand is still prominent on marketing, and characters like Sponge Bob are well recognised.
Other brands like Rugrats and the Backyardigans, do kids even recognise what those are now? I think BPB should review the overlays, to see what is relevant now and swap out where they could sell merch in the shop.

I'd still like to see something go in above the pizza restaurant. Those climbing frames where you are strapped onto the frame are very popular these days, including at that new Nickelodeon park in New York.

One of those could fit up there, and if they could put a huge window up there, would be quite the attraction.

Nickelodeon will stay. There seem to be Nick Lands all over the world now, which makes me think it’s hardly a difficult or expensive franchise to keep hold of.

I’ve visited several parks with Nick Lands over the years and the level of quality does vary greatly between them, so I don’t think Nickelodeon are particularly precious about how the brand is presented, they just like to keep their name out there.

I agree that many of the characters featured are now less relevant and I imagine that gradual changes will take place and some of the smaller flat rides replaced and re-themed over time, but nothing major.

Personally I’d like to see Streak removed. I know a lot of people hold nostalgia around it but, let’s be honest, it isn’t exactly the most exciting coaster out there and, considering it has the same height restriction (I think?) as the other two major woodies, it doesn’t even stack up well as a family/ older kids coaster. If I’m honest I don’t really see it’s relevance and never have, even in the Rollercoaster days.

I’d love to see a decent quality trackless dark ride, a shooting ride for example is something BPB is greatly missing. These rides are hugely popular and it really does seem like something BPB are missing. Personally I’d replace Streak’s station or the Pizza restaurant with something of this nature. Sadly the chances of it being done are about as likely as us seeing Wild Mouse re-built from scratch.

In short, 2021 will see barely any changes with Nick Land, if any at all.

I would NOT like to see Streak removed. Its a bit of a pain to get to after the removal of the spiral stairs, and the one train operation sucks, but its still a good fun woodie, even if it is the least of the three remaining full size woodies. Personally I just avoid it on a busy day, then go on it a few times while I'm at it, and do Blue Flyer whilst I'm down there.

The fact that the bulk of the ride just slots in behind the other rides 'out and back' style, and effectively doesn't have that big a footprint, I can't see them doing a great deal in the space that the station, lift hill & turnaround take up, if the ride were to be removed. But given what happened to the unlisted Wild Mouse, I suppose Streak could be ripped out at anytime, and if it did, would probably be done without any warning.

I don't like to see the park ripping out its heritage so I hope Streak stays

Streak is arguably the most comfortable of the BPB woodies. The station efficiency could do with looking at. If they could make riders exit on the left side, and add air gates to the entrance side, the single train efficiency would be much improved.
Its tricky to see how they physically achieve that, as the station has little space around it.