• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

BPB TR 1-4-2013

Visit Date: 1st April (Easter Monday)

Park Open:10am
Park Closed: 8pm
Rides Closed: None

Ride Count:

Avalanche
Big Dipper x4
Big One x5
Grand National x5
Infusion
Revolution x4
Steeplechase
Valhalla
Wild Mouse x3
Thrill-o-matic
Alice In Wonderland
Derby Racer x2
Ghost Train
Pleasure Beach Express
River Caves
Nickelodeon Streak x4
Lost River
Krusty Krab Order Up

Overall had a brilliant day, it was really good to get back to BPB, been far too long since I was there (about 6 weeks lol) I have posted in a seperate topic about the W&G Thrill-o-matic, and have nothing really to add about it here.

I am not going to go around the park in the order I did things or I'll be here at christmas, i'll just highlight a few key points.

I find the idea of running the Avalanche on 1 train on a bank holiday a sick joke, and dont think much of the Steeplechase alternating between 1-2 lanes either with a line well down the steps, these events lead to re-rides being put off the list of things to do.

The Streak in the morning had me worried it was going to roll-back, offering the worst ride I've ever had on this, even with the lighter trains used years ago it was never this slow. Fortunatly after a few hours the pace was improved and it was back to its normal form.

The Grand National, Wild Mouse and Big One were all on top form and the Revolution was running the best I've ever known it. It has recently had a lot of work done to the launch (shove?) but it feels a lot better for it.

The park was suprisingly quite, the queues I spoke of before were built up due to dire capacity rather than high demand, which is a shame as the park was faultless in all other areas. I am amazed they kept it open until 8pm, as the morning was very quite, and despite a busy period between 1-3pm, the ark emptied around 5pm and just got lifeless. Still, it lead to re-rides on the National before heading to the Big One for the final half an hour to make the most of the park in an illuminated state, as due to the clocks changing and the hours of business being less than impressive, thats likely to be it for night time riding till October!

Well worth it though.

Pics will follow.

Ash

When I visited on 30th, I was shocked with how quiet it was.

Haven't been for over a year, liked the completed landscaping and Valhalla theming.

Good trip report mate, The capacity at the park has really become a joke it's bank holiday for crying out loud!! I mean does the pmbo even have two trains anymore? Nevermind 3!! I heard an excuse it was too windy for a second tho? :/c something I highly doubt!

Sounds like BPB's been taking ride operation lessions from Chessington. Not good :/

Pics!

It was rather dead!
DSCF5837_zps65db13f9.jpg

DSCF5838_zps4d01912c.jpg

Monorail has run its last :-(
DSCF5840_zpsb91ff7ec.jpg

Thrill-o-matic
DSCF5843_zps3dee5c27.jpg

DSCF5846_zps00848930.jpg

DSCF5853_zps2cd19a73.jpg

Still quite
DSCF5857_zps764e5beb.jpg

Funshine seems to be making a return!
DSCF5862_zpse8de975d.jpg

DSCF5864_zpscc594151.jpg

DSCF5872_zpse45b4bfe.jpg

DSCF5876_zpsd72db151.jpg

This was once free....its now £1, and demand has dropped through the floor! If it doesn't open on a bank holiday things cant be looking too good for it!
DSCF5881_zps9f2b72ff.jpg

DSCF5897_zps2fb04018.jpg

DSCF5917_zpsfee3713c.jpg

DSCF5924_zpscd109b90.jpg

DSCF5926_zps52887a3a.jpg

DSCF5934_zps6a8b4401.jpg

DSCF5937_zpse7ba90e3.jpg

DSCF5938_zpsd7a71564.jpg

Ash

Looks like a disappointing bank holiday turn out there not doing enough to get people in! and the Monorail looks awful! as ever lately one step forward two steps back! ::)