• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg: General Discussion

I doubt we'll be seeing something akin to Falcon's Fury replacing it, regardless of how much their relationship with Intamin seems to have strengthened.

I just remember it being a bit uncomfortable, very underwhelming and it made an awful noise when it dropped.

I also remember going in 2011, the year it opened, and it was merely a tall monument in the park.

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Seems the drop tower type attraction is going out of fashion. Wonder why? High running costs?

The opening date of DarKoaster will be May 19, according to a video on BGW's Youtube channel.

What is it with parks building coasters with completely inadequate throughputs?

Seems like DarKoaster has been plagued by extremely long queues since it opened as it just isn't able to achieve a decent throughput. Looks like the maximum it can get is roughly 350pph.

Seems like DarKoaster has been plagued by extremely long queues since it opened as it just isn't able to achieve a decent throughput. Looks like the maximum it can get is roughly 350pph.
What were people expecting for a ride doing multiple taps of a building the same size as the indoor section of Verbolten ?

I thought that the whole point of the switch track bypassing the station was to increase the throughput?

I am surprised that they only went with 10-rider trains. If the trains were bigger, the throughput would probably be higher (as I can imagine that the length of the entire two-circuit coaster is a definite limiting factor affecting the throughput it is capable of, as opposed to the amount of time it takes to load riders in a usual case).

At least with Darkoaster and Cedar Points Wild Mouse these initial queues will die down somewhat as the new ride glean wears off. Especially when these parks open new coasters in the near future.

Wheras Mandrill Mayhem is Chessingtons headline coaster and will be for the foreseeable future.

I bet the queues for this are pretty mental. But 7 hours? I find that a bit unlikely. I don’t know anyone who would join a 7 hour queue for a roller coaster. I suspect if the queue genuinely went anywhere near 7 hours they’d stop letting people join it. Imagine if you had a 7 hour queue and it broke down? Or a kid reaches the front and they’re too short? Things could kick off very quickly. And there’d be genuine safety issues around people needing the toilet/getting dehydrated etc. And even allowing for the queue dying down later in the day, if it really had a 7 hour queue at any point, you’d expect the staff to still be there 4 hours after closing time, which would also be a challenge. I can’t imagine the duty manager being happy with that arrangement.

I might be wrong, but I reckon someone decided that the queue was crazy and was like, “We’ll put it on 7 hours so no one else joins it”.