• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Buying Towers Times As A Collective or Collectively Funding A New Site?

I'd definitely be up for donating to a fund to buy TTF off Chris for reasons already pointed out and for the fact that it would save the team on here from going through the trouble of setting up a new forum and trying to compete with what is left of TTF and other fan sites. There's a lot of hard work for them to do and I think that it's unfair that it has come to this.

Nonetheless, if TTF cannot be saved then I guess we will have to continue to build this new home.

:(

Could i just ask people not to start pooling money for TowersStreet at the moment, we don't know if its needed and if we will be welcoming donations there is a few legal loopholes to jump through first. Carry on the discussion and we all love you for considering helping us in this way but we dont want anyone to get into trouble.

We will of course keep you all informed :)

I think its all a pride thing, why should we give him money for him making a blunder (if you can call it that). TTF had heigh sentimental value and was brilliant in its day, but the forum will eventually ether die or tumbleweed due to the lack of, well, us. TST has been founded on values by the best people on the previous forum, essentially this changeover has separated the wheat from the chaff, all the back stabbers and bad egg's (Chris TT) are there and we are here. I say live on TST and rest in peace TTF. Besides, we have nothing to loose and he has all to loose, let him suffer instead of us bailing him out.

By the way, I don't mean to sound insensitive and its going to be a stupidly big job for the team, but if we can pull through over time Towers Street could overtake Towers Times.

Surely there is no chance of Chris selling the site, especially after he announced that he wants to make TT bigger and better than ever with his "theme park industry" mates.

BarryZola said:
I'd be interested to know a ballpark figure for what a site like TT is potentially worth?

Well it depends how you look at it, and what you consider it to be worth. Unfortunately as there isn't a roaring trade in the sale of theme park enthusiast websites then there isn't much to compare it against.

Obviously there's visitor numbers, however that's only value if your covering the place in advertising and generating a large income from it.

There other way of looking at is is the active community creates value. However in TowersTimes case virtually all of the active 'core' community has left.