• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cadbury World - Merlin Take Over

TPWW have seemingly confirmed the new ride is going in the walled off area in the factory rather than directly replacing Cadabra. However, I still expect the latter to be closing in advance of this new ride opening

They confirmed it's a replacement too. Presumably they have something else planned for the space...

When I went a few months back there was a large section closed off with work taking place. So I guess the new ride will go here, then they’ll close the old ride and add something new in to its place.

Hopefully they do this throughout the attraction over the next few years as so much of it is old and there seems to be a lot of wasted space with not a lot going on.

This is a good development in my opinion. I visited for the first time last year and the whole thing felt really tired and dated. It really felt like it was lacking some investment with large areas with nothing but boards creating long corridors of nothingness.

Cadabra as a ride was fine but I don’t think losing it is a massive shame. I think people like it for nostalgia reasons. As someone who had never experienced it before it was a bit naff tbh.

Does this mean Cadabra is no more? 😞

I went on Cadabra for the first time last year.

It’s rubbish. It’s like a garden centre Christmas grotto in the 90s

I just don’t understand why so many people think it’s good. I’m putting it down to nostalgia and rose tinted glasses.

But honestly. It’s really really naff. It’s like Sleigh Ride Snowflake at Europa Park.

Naff.

I’m glad it’s gone.

Sorry about that I usually do write something before posting a video but didn’t think I would needed to as it was quoted with a post above and they spoke about TTW.
Anyway after watching the vlog and with it been 6 years since I last went to Cadbury’s world is this new ride been built in the area that had games to play?

Totally agree. After all the alleged shenanigans that came out I don't want to be clicking anything that gets them revenue.
Allegations mixed with twitter and screenshots doesn't mean all that much in this day and age but without going too off topic I agree with the video that it's a fine bonus to have added into the experience I just hope cadabara has plans and they do it justice, I'm sure some of the younger kids will enjoy this new interactive dark ride though.

Currently there's been no word on cadabara and what's happening with it but Merlin are spending millions on Cadbury world which has been neglected for years so fingers crossed they're doing something with it.

It makes sense to open a new ride before doing something with cadabara otherwise there's nothing to fill that void until the overhaul (if it happens) is complete.

I quite like the look of the dark ride, although I’ll admit that it looks quite short, and quite screen-heavy if that’s not your thing. There are some nice props and sets in there, though!

I could be misremembering, as I did admittedly go over 10 years ago now, but I have to say that I don’t remember Cadabra being anything especially spectacular when I went. It was perfectly OK, but it isn’t one of the bits of Cadbury World that most stuck out to 10 year old me. From my (admittedly vague) memory of Cadabra, I certainly wouldn’t call Cadbury Chocolate Quest a “massive downgrade” like TPW are based on the POV.

Most likely Cadbury World is not a busy enough attraction to justify the maintenance and operational costs of two dark rides.

Could be although as others say, Merlin are investing lots and rumours of other new rides. They’re not going to grow visitor numbers without more attractions which you’d imagine is their goal.

Fortunately Merlin have a surplus of engineers across their parks twiddling their thumbs desperate to have rides to maintain 🤡