• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CANCELLED: Forum Maintenance - Tuesday 27th May

Jordan said:
Not sure if trolling - I can't seem to get the Rideas website to work. :p

Vanilla is quite a nice message board, actually. More of a focus on the latest discussions than things being in category buckets.

As much as I like the idea, I think it's still important to split the forums into different categories. :)

phpBB is currently under active development, however it's not the software of choice at this time.

We've selected a platform to replace SMF, however we're currently conducting tests to ensure that we don't lose any core functionality for the forum, and do not alienate users by radically changing the interface or experience of the forum itself.

One of the biggest tests is also if we can convert our existing forum data into new software, and we're currently experiencing an issue with SMF's choice of password hashing that so far would mean everyone has to reset their password to be able to sign in, and not the experience we'd like.

These things take a little time, but we're pretty committed on a choice, we just need to iron out some issues first :)

Thanks everyone for the input and ideas though!

In the Team we trust.....

Since you lot are yet to make a bad decision, and always keep us informed, I see no problem in letting you do whatever as you'll do what is best.

:)

We'll keep you updated with the plan, don't worry. We don't like changing software overnight and not warning and preparing you in any way ;)

(and GOD DAMNIT WHERE IS THE THANKS BUTTON?!!! lol)

We should just move the whole forum to Skype tbh. :p

Joel said:
(and GOD DAMNIT WHERE IS THE THANKS BUTTON?!!! lol)

Your the one that goes around braking things, Surely you should know where the thanks button is?

As for moving the forum to skype, it'd be great, You'd see a reply 13 hours late, the quality of the call is like no other, I don't see what could go wrong...