• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CANCELLED: TS Opening Weekend: 20-22 March 2020

Remember that the meets aren't just about drinking ;)

giphy.gif

We're keeping an eye on it, but impossible to make contingency plans just yet when we don't know what restrictions will be in place :disappointed:. Soon as we know what's going on we'll post though!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE‽

The only "contingency plan" you should be making right now is "how will you defend your house against looters?"!!!!!

In light of today's Covid-19 developments (the gift that keeps on giving), I've now had to pull the plug on this. I'm not convinced the park will be open and I can't justify the drive when everywhere will be on lockdown :(

Following the updated guidance from the UK Government around Covid-19, we’ve taken the decision to postpone our opening meet at Alton Towers.

We realise how important it is to follow the advice on essential travel and avoiding large crowds, and so we hope to reschedule our meet when the risk of Covid-19 transmission is lower.

At present all other TowersStreet meets are going ahead as planned, but we’ll continue to assess the situation in line with updated UK Government advice on travel and large gatherings. If you are booking accommodation in advance for future meets, we would recommend booking flexible rates in case they need to be cancelled.

We’d love to see some good come out of the cancellation of this weekend’s meet, so if you can please consider donating to your local food bank. There are many vulnerable people who are reliant on them, and recent panic buying has resulted in stocks at many food banks running dangerously low. Check out your local food bank’s Facebook page to see if there is anything they urgently require.

Thank you, Craig. Now the question is what those of us who made resort bookings can do to cancel or postpone the booking, I expect not a lot so close to the dates and with the park still seemingly going ahead.

Thank you, Craig. Now the question is what those of us who made resort bookings can do to cancel or postpone the booking, I expect not a lot so close to the dates and with the park still seemingly going ahead.

In all honesty we've been debating cancelling the meet for the last few days, but were holding off announcing anything until the resort hopefully provided further information. But, with the information tonight and the fact that we all come from different corners of the country we felt it best to announce prior to any potential information from Towers.

For those with hotel bookings (as I have too), I would recommend hanging fire until tomorrow to see if anything is announced by the resort. I'm hoping they will allow the booking to be moved, so fingers crossed!

I’d imagine a refund would be out of the question. But most likely they’ll allow you to reschedule. The repetitional damage it would cause if they refuse would be unreal.

Probably a sensible call. If the park open I'll probably still risk a visit though, I'll keep an eye open and see if I see any of you lot (and stand a metre away)