• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

Re: 2014: CBeebies Land

So Squirrel Nutty is going to be called Get, Set Go? Is that a programme? Just the comma make it sound really bad when you say it out loud. Get Set Go makes more sense than Get, Set Go. Or is that just me?

:)

I don't care what they do to CBeebies land now. I'm just happy Squirrel Nutty (I'm always gonna call it that, get used to it) and Berry Bish Bash (that too) are staying. ;D

Rob said:
So Squirrel Nutty is going to be called Get, Set Go? Is that a programme? Just the comma make it sound really bad when you say it out loud. Get Set Go makes more sense than Get, Set Go. Or is that just me?

Probably a typo, "Get, Set, Go" sounds better.

I know the ride is staying but I will really miss Squirrel Nutty the way it was.

I'm not that bothered about the farmyard.

Rob said:

For some reason the minute I saw that all I had in my head was...

62m95DJ.png

But yeah, I think it's "Get, Set, Go!" - we know what Alton are like with typos!

siralgenon said:
Has anyone else noticed the late opening times for some CBeebies Land attractions on the Alton Towers website?

"Get Set Go, Justin's House and Nina's Science Lab open at 11:00am daily and close when the Theme Park closes, please check Theme Park closing times before you visit."

All other attractions open at 10:00am

Slightly Ironic when they are advertising Get Set Go as being "a great place for families to begin their day at CBeebies Land".

Good news that Bish Bash is staying though.

I've just listened to the Get Set Go song. If Towers allow that to be played anywhere in the park I will personally go and rip out all of the speakers!!

More rides joining Flume and Rapids as delayed opening?

Rides by the park entrance?

Eh?

Opening Squirrel Nutty at 11am just seems mad. It doesn't exactly require many staff and it is the first ride you will see in CBeebies land. A closed ride is a great first impression.

Enk27 said:
siralgenon said:
Has anyone else noticed the late opening times for some CBeebies Land attractions on the Alton Towers website?

"Get Set Go, Justin's House and Nina's Science Lab open at 11:00am daily and close when the Theme Park closes, please check Theme Park closing times before you visit."

All other attractions open at 10:00am

Slightly Ironic when they are advertising Get Set Go as being "a great place for families to begin their day at CBeebies Land".

Good news that Bish Bash is staying though.

Took the words right out my mouth there :p

I can maybe understand the ents attractions like Nina's science lab opening late as current attractions like Wobble World do this, but why the late opening of the other two? Squirrel Nutty and Berry Bish Bash never opened late. Surely they don't need any new ride staff to run them? Certainly not warranting opening an hour later than they have been opening for years.

The CBeebies website has been updated, both the rethemed Squirrel Nutty and Berry Bish Bash will open at 10am. Nina's Science Lab will also open at 10.

Might the late opening be due to families with younger children arriving later on park than your average thrill seeker?

I'm only relating what I've noticed at opening time - its generally full of teenagers as apposed to families with young children. They (I imagine) generally turn up a little later so there shouldn't be too much harm opening later.

Wilsy said:
The CBeebies website has been updated, both the rethemed Squirrel Nutty and Berry Bish Bash will open at 10am. Nina's Science Lab will also open at 10.

That's got to be the fastest reversal that they've ever done, didn't even trial it! I'm glad they've done this, makes a lot more sense :)

I'm guessing it was initially an error, which they didn't realise until they looked in this topic! :p

Probably one of the managers browsing TS.

"I wonder what these lot think of our announcements"

"What, opening at 11am? But they open at 10am"

*checks CBeebies website*

"Goddamnit Rodger, not again"

*mumbles*

:p

Rob said:

According to Wikipedia Cbeebies channel splits the day up into segments:

Get, Set, Go! – Early Morning schedule between 06.00 and 09.00. Includes programmes such as Tikkabilla, Pingu, Postman Pat, Tweenies, Everything's Rosie, Chuggington & Tommy Zoom.

Discover and Do – Late Morning and Early Afternoon weekdays between 09.00 and 3.00. The strand is aimed at young children who would not be attending school or pre-school.

Lunch Time – Broadcast between 12.00 and 1.00, broadcast as a part of Discover and Do.

Big Fun Time – Late afternoon weekdays between 3.00 and 6.00 This strand aims at the higher end of its remit, airing programming for the children who have recently returned from school.

Bedtime Hour – The final hour of CBeebies broadcasting between 6.00 and 7.00. The original stranded section of the channel, Bedtime Hour features calm-natured programmes, such as In The Night Garden, 3rd & Bird, 64 Zoo Lane, Waybuloo & Charlie & Lola, with story telling both within and

So Get, Set, Go is the early morning slot...

Nice to see such changes in Berry Bish Bash!

bi54xe.jpg

gallery-berry01.jpg

How they do such impressive new theming I'll never know!
(Tho its nice to see that big has a new hair do)

Weird thing is nearly all of Bish Bashes theming had been stripped out by the end of last season.

So we currently have 6 attractions announced and we know we are due a re-theme for Old McDonald's tractor ride so definitely 7 attractions and a new shop.

I personally can't see any more being announced after tomorrow and will be pleasantly surprised if more are announced.

I know that this area obviously isn't aimed at our demographic but it is nice to see there being a multitude of different rides etc. Being added rather than just BBB, RBES, SN and OMTR rethemes.

Will be interesting to see the overall finish of the land.