• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

CBeebies Land

At least the BBC isn't scrapping CBeebies completely unlike ITV who are ending CITV very soon.
No, they aren't. They are removing the linear full time channel, adding a CITV strand to ITV2, keeping the existing strand on ITV Breakfast (weekends), and signposting to their streaming platform which will have the content still. They are not making any changes to their toddler-specific output 'Little Be'.

This is almost exactly the same as the BBC announced would happen to CBBC last year, again not making any changes to their toddler output on Cbeebies.

Eventually all these linear channels will go but you can be sure some form of childrens content from ITV will be there as long as they hold Channel 3 licenses from Ofcom. CBBC and Cbeebies as brands certainly aren't going anywhere.

I mean CITV has so little original output these days I'm not sure they'd be losing much, at least CBBC and Cbeebies still have the budget to make or commission most of their outputs so Cbeebies Land should be here to stay with updates as required.

Towers won't be happy, they just added a load of the "old" style bugs last season

I donā€™t think Merlin would really care too much if Cbeebies change the look of some of their assets. As long as people are still coming in to the park and hotel and spending money across it I donā€™t think theyā€™ll care whether the bugs are square or round.

I donā€™t think Merlin would really care too much if Cbeebies change the look of some of their assets. As long as people are still coming in to the park and hotel and spending money across it I donā€™t think theyā€™ll care whether the bugs are square or round.
You would suspect the licensor would be more interested in ensuring that their licensee was using the correct branding items - but how trivial they would get about the shape of bugs, who knows !