• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Center Parcs Longleat Forest 15th-18th December 2017

I just watched a POV of Canyon Ride, and... it sort of looks like it should be one of those really slow water slides with a shark enclosure over it. Definitely prefer our good old Rapids at Longleat from a POV!

I haven't been to Center Parcs for years and years, but some of my fondest memories are doing the Rapids at Sherwood Forest again and again at night as a child, by night in November. Yes, I had bunked off school, as was the style at the time.

I've been to a few music festivals and raves at Butlins, and the accomodation and activies there are pretty impressive these days, especially compared to the deservedly grim reputation they fostered in the past. I especially liked the larger hotel rooms, with the trippy mood lighting as standard. Great fun for kids! Utterly psychedelic for certain adults... o_O

I think the biggest shame is that these new slides at Center Parcs have absolutely zero themeing to them. They're often concrete blocks of staircases etc. with little escapism - comapred to the rest of the 'subtropical swimming paradise' they stand out and look horrendous!

I think the biggest shame is that these new slides at Center Parcs have absolutely zero themeing to them. They're often concrete blocks of staircases etc. with little escapism - comapred to the rest of the 'subtropical swimming paradise' they stand out and look horrendous!
The ones here have got a bit of landscaping here and there, and a nice boat theming element by the pool exit. They also maintained the nice stone path that the rest of the waterpark has.